BERYL MOUNT AND REAR SIGHT

I was wondering if any one knew an answer to a noobs question, here goes. i am going to put a beryl mount on my x39 and was wondering if this rear sight will work on it- http://www.leapers.c...temno=MNT-950CS. If it does do the trick, would it be hard to co witness a red dot reflex sight also? Im not crazy about the side scope mount and was wanting a little more room for the reflex sight as well, so i opted for the beryl and i like the apertures on the UTG sight better than the factory blade. Looked at MOJO, Krebs, not to my liking, but if if this will not work most likely MOJO. Thank you

I think it may work...

That rear sight might be higher than the stock rear sight, so im not too sure what you would have to do to compensate.

I am interested in putting a beryl rail on my 7.62 as well, but i'm not too sure what modifications are necessary... Let us know when you do get it mounted and what you had to do to get it fitted.

Good luck!

I saw one on Carolinas Shooters/ Greg- he has one that you would have to scrap the rear blade and the end is machined to snap into place, then buttoned down on the stock screw. Now i dont have a converted gun so i dont know if a converted stock has that fastner on the top of the stock.It snaps into place very nicely and is machined from a solid piece of billet aluminum, the video on the site seems to show a nice sturdy rail, which i hope i will be able to use.

I have a beryl mount from carolina shooters on my x39. I think it is the same as the one mentioned above.

The mount picks up the screw on the tang. It will work with a converted stock as long as the tang is still there. I got an external receiver block that I mounted the stock to. This allowed me to keep the tang and use the hole for the mount. The only issue I had was the screw supplied with the mount was too short to go through the mount, tang, and into the captive nut on the block.

• 3 weeks later...

It's going to be way too tall. Peep sights for Beryl rails have less than half the profile of that AR sight. You'll get a zero at close range but then at longer ranges your POI is going to be way above your POA because your sight angle will be too steep.