So, after falling in love with my 7.62 Saiga, I caught the bug to buy Saigas, but unfortunately, I was having a hard time finding them as at reasonable* price, so I decided to pick up two 5.45s. Little did I know, mags at a discount price are difficult to come by, for just about any variety (polymer, steel, Tantal, Bulgarian, ect, ect).

I stumbled across two different types of Bulgarian "Circle" Mags...Circle 10s and Circle 21s. I know that Circle 10s seem to be heavily favored around these parts, but I'm feeling from the sticker shock. The Circle 21s seem to be identical to the Circle 10s I've read up on (Polymer, 30 round, Bulgarian, ect). What are the differences between Circle 10s and Circle 21s? I've tried to get info, but I seems to be scarce. Any experiences, insight, comparisons would be much appreciated.

And yes, I tried the search function, Google search, and can't find anything definitive.

Thanks all!!!!

* highly subjective based on income level, purpose, usage....

congratz on the catching the ever contageous Saiga bug! I too caught the bug almost 5 years ago, and 8 conversions later, im still at it lol. I started with a 7.62, then a 5.45, then a 12, then a .223 and the list goes on...I hope you're not married, cause an addiction like this WILL cause breakups and divorces...lol

As far as 5.45 mags go, milsurp are generally the best bang for the buck, unless you wanna sped the extra coin on the Arsenal mags... Bulgy circle mags and Russian Izzy marked mags are amazingly reliable and will be functioning long after you and I are both long gone...

Edited by RoughRider666

the difference in the bulgarian circle 10 and 21 mags is a factory number. ill second sticking with bularian and russian mags. you may pay more, but you wont have to worry about reliability issues.

Thanks for the responses guys! I'll be opting for the Circle 21s then!

After 4 conversions on a 7.62, S-12, and the two latest 5.45s, I'm 4 deep, and as soon as I can find four 7.62s, I'll be eight deep. I'm in the process of completing my first "front end conversion" (FSB, GB, RSB, retainer) and feeling very encouraged! I won't be joining a "Saiga 12 Step Ptogram" anytime soon. I also have added plus of a girl that's fluent in Russian and loves to shoot AKs.

Life is good!

• 1 month later...

They're not quite identical ftr. Circle 10's were made with a little better attention to detail. This is mostly evident in their width being more consistent. Every Circle 10 I've ever handled is exactly in spec, whereas the width of Circle 21's vary quite a bit, to the point that some won't fit in my Saiga's magwell. I will buy Circle 10's sight unseen, but will only buy Circle 21's or 25's if I have test fitted them first.

i have to say i have some of both and can't tell a difference in quality. that being said i don't own all of them so who know what you'll get. the big thing here is that both have metal feed lips and locking tabs. something most "imitation" mags don't have. on a side note anyone else notice the amount of Bulgarian made arsenal mags that everyone is selling now. 30-35 bucks for new mags here and there. glad to see them being imported again.