Fun is only allowed in California if it's done at an approved site where it generates income for the state, i.e. Disney, Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, Cannery Row. Other than that it's verboten...

it would't surprise me in the least if this rumor turns out to be true. fact is, I'm surprised it was even allowed.

more than likely it was never addressed at all, so now they need a statute saying that it is an illegal material. If it wasn't specifically listed in a prohibitive law then they wouldn't have been able to prosecute anyone for it.

It wouldn't be the individual components they go after, it'd be those who use the product after the two are combined. I've had several people want to buy the aluminum waste from my mill and band saws but I kinda don't want to get caught up in having to research yet another product to find out whether or not I can even ship it to them.

Fun is only allowed in California if it's done at an approved site where it generates income for the state, i.e. Disney, Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, Cannery Row. Other than that it's verboten...

But then there's this too:

http://tinyurl.com/333q5wg

Did you ever wonder how most laws get written in CA? Can you hold a pencil with it? :lol:

Jaysus Christ, most female California lawmakers are not much to look at, and now this too. :eek:

It wouldn't be the individual components they go after, it'd be those who use the product after the two are combined. I've had several people want to buy the aluminum waste from my mill and band saws but I kinda don't want to get caught up in having to research yet another product to find out whether or not I can even ship it to them.

if you can sell your scrap aluminum, go for it. You probably aren't producing 2-3 micron pure aluminum flake. The stuff you have is probably more like 20 mesh flake that you use for a filler or making sparklers. Try to make a pyrotechnic charge with it some time. It will only fizzle and make a bright white light with the strongest perchlorate.

Here's the good stuff the BATF limits you to two pounds per year. Pretty stupid considering it sucks at blowing things up and is awesome and making noise. Nothing they do makes any sense.

http://www.skylighter.com/german-dark-aluminum-powder.htm NOT A GUN RELATED LINK

In Honor of the silly fucks in Kommiefornia, we will be setting off 4- 1lb tannerites and 5 of the 22lr low velocity targets on Monday. Hell, we set off 3 1lb'ers yesterday, the wife said it "shook" the house, and we where about 500 yards away down on the back side of the hill shooting the toys. I love a BOOM when nobody is paying attention. :)

• Like 1

In Honor of the silly fucks in Kommiefornia, we will be setting off 4- 1lb tannerites and 5 of the 22lr low velocity targets on Monday. Hell, we set off 3 1lb'ers yesterday, the wife said it "shook" the house, and we where about 500 yards away down on the back side of the hill shooting the toys. I love a BOOM when nobody is paying attention. smile.png

add a pinch of sulfur, tsp per lb. feel the bass! have fun!

beware of the shit you hear in shops. let me guess, were they selling the stuff? kinda hard to ban amno and aluminum in california.

It's not the aluminum, it's the Ammonium Nitrate that is regulated thanks to Timothy McVay. You can throw aluminum foil in a food processor to make the first part of a binary target. It is getting a hold of the good AN to complete the recipe that's difficult.

if you can sell your scrap aluminum, go for it. You probably aren't producing 2-3 micron pure aluminum flake. The stuff you have is probably more like 20 mesh flake that you use for a filler or making sparklers. Try to make a pyrotechnic charge with it some time. It will only fizzle and make a bright white light with the strongest perchlorate.

Here's the good stuff the BATF limits you to two pounds per year. Pretty stupid considering it sucks at blowing things up and is awesome and making noise. Nothing they do makes any sense.

http://www.skylighte...powder.htm NOT A GUN RELATED LINK

Actually I can get it down to a 400 mesh screen pretty easily, which is what I screen my powder coating powders through while loading the gun, several people say that's workable, not that I've tried it, went through the stage of wanting to blow shit up many years ago in the Army.

Got a 404 error on that link for some reason.

Edited by mogunner

beware of the shit you hear in shops. let me guess, were they selling the stuff? kinda hard to ban amno and aluminum in california.

It's not the aluminum, it's the Ammonium Nitrate that is regulated thanks to Timothy McVay. You can throw aluminum foil in a food processor to make the first part of a binary target. It is getting a hold of the good AN to complete the recipe that's difficult.

Pyro is a passion of mine. I can get Amno easier than blackhead aluminum. Distributors have been forced *some court ordered* to limit the sale of perchlorates and aluminum which kills the pyro industry. They consider flash powder a high explosive which couldnt be further from the truth. Flash is a fast sharp burn with not much expansion, a HE is high expansion with a slow burn. I have made a bigger sounding boom with flash than a plate of C4. It did no crater damage to the surface. To make a good flash powder, you cant just put aluminum in the blender. The germans are the best at making the stuff. Its so fine it cant be contained in a plastic bag. Finer powder faster speed and more crack to the display.

Every time I get chemicals, it's on record and I am limited to what I can purchase. You can go to Murdocks in Kalispell and get all the Amno you need. Walmart even has small bags of it. The tannerite formula is just patented simple chemistry. They added a few things here and there to make it work better and be more stable in handling.

Natural selection is on hold until we resume letting people fail. Laws like this only create revenue for the departments that inforce this horse shit. They fuck with the pyro business so our US dollars end up getting cheap chinese toxic displays and it even makes kids stupid. Chemistry and science is our future. Fucked up laws like this keeps kids from making kick ass rockets, blowing up out houses and becoming demolitions experts or freaking rocket scientists.

Aghh... Pyro, a passion and a curse.

• Like 1

I totally understand as I was a demo guy myself. It can be done with a blender but you are correct, the finer aluminum the better. The Amno is still getting harder to get for the good stuff because it can be used to make ANFO. Even with ANFO, you still need a booster charge to light it up. They make a big deal about ANFO being used in the Oklahoma City bombing but neglect to point out he used Tovex as a booster which you cannot buy at the Feed Store.

I totally understand as I was a demo guy myself. It can be done with a blender but you are correct, the finer aluminum the better. The Amno is still getting harder to get for the good stuff because it can be used to make ANFO. Even with ANFO, you still need a booster charge to light it up. They make a big deal about ANFO being used in the Oklahoma City bombing but neglect to point out he used Tovex as a booster which you cannot buy at the Feed Store.

The whole OC thing still seems a little fishy. I have never seen it act like that and do that kind of damage when outside a target area. I wasn't there so I can't say for sure. Just seems like another composition was used. All I have is pictures to go off of. Someone who was determined to make such a device could easily do it without any problems. The laws they keep tossing at us only keep honest people from having access to legit chemicals. The biggest problem is that it keeps kids from learning about very important parts of chemistry because common chemicals have been restricted or eliminated.

Give them long enough in Kommiefornia, and they'll ban breathing because you emit CO2.

I lived in Commiefornia for eight years and I'm glad I moved away. I remember they had some great gun shops in Orange County where I lived but the 1989 'Assault rifle' ban destroyed everything. The progressives later added magazine capacity bans after I moved out of there. Those weirdos will ban anything they can.

Well we set off the Tannerite. One thing is, why does the beads clump together, MOISTURE, I assume, but when we got it all loosened up, they over filled the mixing jar, so we just poured all the "extra" into another jar, used some left over aluminum powder, maybe too much, but that one scared us. The wife said that it didn't just go boom, the windows shook, the fireplace rattled and the dog whimpered. We heard the boom roll down between the hills for about 15-20 seconds.

Hey Storm what does the sulfur do for it, more shaking of the ground I hope.