Ace folding stock rubbing paint off my accesory rail and stock

I flipped my Ace folder to fold on the left side of the receiver. Now it wants to bump my accesory rail on the side of the receiver. It's trying to remove paint from the rail and the stock. Is there anything I can put on the rail to create a buffer between the 2? It's a Saiga 12 if that matters. I know ak's arent meant to beauty queens but I don't want to beat it up for no reason. Thanks,

Danny

they make little adhesive squares or dots of felt or rubber for cabinet doors and keeping knick-knacks from scuffing the furniture. stick one of those on there.

• 2 months later...

im_n2_vws: Can you post a pic of the left side of your setup with it folded?

I'd really like to see how the Ace 7.5" stock with ace folder fits and if it covers the trigger at all. I am a lefty and want to be sure it will clear.

Much appreciated if you can.

If you cant Duck it, fuck it

For real though, you could cover the moung in black tape or something until you find a more permanent solution. Maybe remove the mount unless you just want to keep it??

Holy shit I just had an awesome idea, how good of a cheek weld would the grip tape they wrap around golf clubs make?!?!

Or how bout taking some of that velcro tape and cutting pieces of the furry side to cover the mount

I flipped my Ace folder to fold on the left side of the receiver. Now it wants to bump my accesory rail on the side of the receiver. It's trying to remove paint from the rail and the stock. Is there anything I can put on the rail to create a buffer between the 2? It's a Saiga 12 if that matters. I know ak's arent meant to beauty queens but I don't want to beat it up for no reason. Thanks,

Danny

Get rid of the folding stock. Problem solved.