Best folding stock for S12?

Depends on how much you're willing to spend and how long you're willing to look for it and the associated parts that may be necessary to complete the install. The Best is going to be difficult to find as it can be very different from person to person. I prefer the SVDS/AK100 folding stock, but this setup is very costly. Are you looking for a stock that is russian or russian design or are you wanting an AR15 type stock?

Thanks Scorch, I knew I should have included a budget since I'm not a millionaire. I'd like to spend around $1-150 on one.

I don't particularly care for the M4 style collapsible stocks so any one other than that is worth looking into, thanks for the suggestion.

I'm going through this process right now. What complicates things in my case is the fact I'm left handed but I think I'm going to end up getting something that folds to the left as I don't want to cover up anything on the right side of the receiver. But, I'll have to find a style of stock that doesn't cover the trigger. All this is doable but there are many choices. You can spend a considerable sum on a solution but as you've said you're on a budget you'll probably want to get an all-in-one setup meaning all the parts are in one package.

I'm looking at setups where the receiver block, folding mechanism and stock are all separate. One problem with getting out cheap is the fact that less expensive setups are often not as substantial as more expensive, well built options.

I've found many ideas in the "Show Your Saiga" gallery, you might want to spend some time browsing there to see what others have done.

I've mainly used a Tromix with Limbsaver pad and a shorty ACE with the thicker 1" pad. Both are great, though with the folding mechanism, the Tromix is a bit too long for my taste. Basically, it's NATO length whereas the ACE is a tad longer than Warsaw length.

I'd like to suggest you check these out.

http://bonesteelarms.com/Saiga_c7.htm

Agreed. Awesome folding stock. Have it with MOE stock w/cheek riser. Last weekend we (including my sister) put 150 rounds down range with this stock and everyone loved it. Highly recommended.

Edited by RedChallenger

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys, I think I like the Ace side-folding stocks so far. I'm right-handed but have only seen right-side folding ones so I assume I won't be able to shoot it while folded?

You can reverse the folder mechanism to make it fold to either side. I know everybody loves the left-folder, but I really prefer a right-folder. IMHO, right folding is easier to open & close and easier to carry slung, but left folding is better for shooting with the stock closed. (If you're into that.)

That being said depending on what kind of stock you're using, it can be possible to shoot while folded to the right. I used to be able to do it with my Ace stock mounted in the lowest possible position. Couldn't do it once I added a paracord wrap and thats barely an extra 1/4", so I'm sure it was very close to FTE'ing.

• Like 1

You might regret going with the ace, Our stocks are stronger, lock up tighter, fold and unfold easier, and do not require permanently modding rifle. We offer one that accepts ace stocks if that is what you are looking for.

My thoughts also. And you have the choice of left or right folding.

You can reverse the folder mechanism to make it fold to either side.

Which set-up are you speaking about here? I know Ace has a way to do this with a combination of receiver block and folding mechanism.

If you don't care about the stock locking in the folded position, the Polish Beryl sidefolder is a good one. I have them on both my Saigas (S12 and 7.62x39). With the grenade launcher recoil pad strapped on, I can barely feel much recoil at all. I only keep them folded for storage room in my safe. Lock up in the unfolded position is nice and solid. I got mine for about $100 each from RTG.

Edited by pimpmastak76
  • Like 1

I have no problem with my ace folder... if you don't wish to cut the tang and want to go Ace, CSS sells an internal receiver block that you can install with your tang intact. I realize that Mr. Bonesteel makes a great product but then again, so does Ace. No reason to bad-mouth any other vendors here...

With that being said, I'd choose a metal stock my Tromix poly stock broke when my weapon fell four feet into mud...