Left eye dominant? I shoot my S-.410 left handed all the time, no problems there.

Totally left eye dominant. I can barely close it. I think due to a backyard football game accident as a kid. Not to be gross but I had to get my right eyelid stiched back together and I had to wear an eye patch for a few months. So my left eye took over.

i let one of my friends shoot my x39 quite often. He shoots lefty and has never had problems with brass smacking him in the face.

I have heard from others on the forum...if you plan on using any kind of optics, other that open sights, then get a "high rise" side rail mount. This puts the optic about 2 to 2.5 inches above the top of the rec. Lean your head a little bit farther over the stock so you can see through the optic with your left eye while shooting right handed

i personally have a low rise side mount. I got mine from www.eastwave.ca

they have the high rise mounts there too...just in case you're interested

I have the same problem, I am right handed and have a scar that runs diagonally across the center of my right eye. Pistols i shoot right handed/left eye. Rifle I shoot right handed, but I have to be carefull, so that I am looking with the scar below the line of sight. (I learned right handed and just can't get my hands to work lefty!)

G O B

i have no problem shooting lefty...i'm left eye dominant, damn near blind in my right.

i shot pistols righty, shoot p gripped shottys from the right side of me, bumpfire from the hip on my right side or right shoulder...but if i'm actually shooting its all lefty

sad thing is if i had a lefty gun i wouldn't know what to do with it, all backwards, you get used to using righty guns lefty

• 4 weeks later...
Hi. newbie to this forum.

My local gun shop can get Saiga's so I'm going to be getting a 7.62x39. I'm right handed but have to shoot like a lefty. I've never fired an AK before. Am I going to be pelted with shells if I shoot lefty???

Saigas, AKs and SKS rifles eject the shell cases to the front of the rifle away from the left handed shooter, I don't have trouble shooting them nor the with the Ruger Mini-14 and M1 carbine. I won't shoot a bullpup configured rifle which will eject the hot cases at my face.

The only gun I have trouble with is a Savage 64 which shoots .22 long rifle. It eject hot gas, unburned powders and bullet slivers on my arm inside the elbow. I arranged to sell it to a friend for that reason. I spoke to Savage and they said there's nothing they can do since the rifle was designed for a right hander. They said the best thing for me is to get a left handed rifle I got a Ruger 10/22 which doesn't burn the inside of my arm.