Don't wanna be a Chicken little... But.. Buy Ammo.

Don't wanna be a Chicken little... But.. Buy Ammo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18269837

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/world-ammunition-trade-tops-4-billion-aid-group-220032473.html

http://disarmament.un.org/treaties/

banner940.jpg

Yeah, yeah...

The Obama will never sign it...

Just like he vetoed the indefinite US citizen detention without charge clauses of the NDAA... Uhhh... Nevermind. :nothing:

Any treaty Obama may be interested in must first be ratified by the Senate. 2/3 of the Senate is not going to commit political suicide because of bullet control on a global basis. The key is electing conservative representatives.

Hope not.

But at the very least, with adding in all the other weird on-goings in the country & the world, I can imagine another ammo issue like when the Obama got elected in the first place...

This story is just starting to circulate as of yesterday.

Right now, ammo's about as cheap as it's going to get, accounting for inflation thanks to debt monetization & quantitative easing, so IMO, we can't go wrong.

I got caught off-guard last time. Not gonna happen again.

Call me paranoid.

I suppose, that's why I own firearms.

" a number of nations, including the US and China, oppose such a move.

Egypt, Syria, Russia, Iran, Venezuela and several other countries are also against including ammunition trade"

So thats 3/4 of the worlds capitols against this ammo regulation.

• Like 1

Russia is not going to go for this either... Keep in mind that the biggest arms dealing countries (including us) in the UN all have veto power.

The U.N. allows countries that sell the equipment of war to wear on one side a facade of "We Care", while on the other selling billions of dollars worth of weapons to buyers that don't at the time conflict with their direct interests.

• Like 1

anything firearm related would be a wise purchase, and ammo is no exception whether this makes it or not.

ill believe this shit when i see it, so for now, its a "what if.." and what if is a boat we can all take a ride on... 000.gif

" enough to kill every man woman an child on the planet twice" ...ha ha ha.

I wonder how many bullets have been fired vs how man have actually hit a person. I bet its pretty close to a billion to one.

The real flaw in that logic is that it assumes you can only kill one person with each round of ammunition.

If you line em up right you can get at least 3. Just sayin...

• Like 1

These people do understand that there were wars before guns right?

So "Ammunition is literally the fuel of conflict.", "Stop a bullet, Stop a war" are stupid arguments... most wars in human history were fought with sword and bow.

• Like 2

I wonder how much ammo I would need to buy to be able to go out shooting, say once a week for the rest of my life, assuming I live a long healty life and don't get squished by a bus or something.

I can shoot as little as maybe 100 rounds a week, but we all know that if ya bring 3 guns to the range, it can easily be 500 rounds.

Who wants to do the math?

edit: Math:

say it is just 7.62x39 shooting 500 rounds per week @ $229 per 1000. I am 44 yrs old, so if I live to 74, that is 30 years worth of ammo@ $229 every 2 weeks.....That means I need to spend $178,620.00 to stockpile enough 7.62x39 ammo to last the rest of my life.

I guess I will have to hold off for a while on that purchase.

Edited by RobRez

I try and buy ammo every chance I get whether it's on sale or not. I'm lucky in that I have basically four places to buy it close by that have decent prices. Dunn sportin goods seems to alternate having CCI BLazer .22 for $13.99 a brick with either Tulammo 7.62x39 for $4.99 or Blazer brass 9mm for $10.99. My local farm and home store Buchheits runs good sales, nothing in calibers I use this sale but if they follow their usual trend, in two weeks will have PMC Bronze 9mm for $9.97. I pick up a box of Tulammo at Walmart whenever I have $5 to spare.

These articles don't seem to be dealing with the civilian ammo trade.

Listen very carefully:

"...the individual and social investment in light weapons must be redirected...

http://www.wnd.com/2006/05/36377/

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/entertainment/michael-douglas-joins-anti-gun-violence-campaign

This Fuck Head is the worst of the worst, and he is the U.S. Represenitive to the U.N. on Arms Control.

• Like 1