Saiga 223 trigger question

Hi guys, this is obviously my first post but i've lurked in the background for help to questions for awhile, but i can't find an answer to this one...so go easy on me!

I got a .223 about a month ago and i'm working on making it 922r compliant before I add the pistol grip. I'm going to add on the tapco stock withOUT moving the trigger group forward. The simple one that replaces the sporter stock.

I ordered a Tapco G2 single hook trigger group and all of the install videos I have seen are either for moving the group forward or they leave at the part that I am not understanding...what happens to the pins?

I just want to take out the old one and put in the new one... but before I do that i'd like to figure out if i have to drill out the rivets on the 2 pins that hold the stock trigger in. If I do have to drill them out... how do I get the new trigger to stay in?

maybe i'm missing parts but there was not a new pin or anything similar in the group I received.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum, even though you've been a lurker for a while. beer.gif

You can change out the hammer without too much trouble, but if you're not doing a conversion, I'm not sure if the Tapco trigger will even work. You'd have to grind off the part where your finger goes to make it like the internal trigger is now. If you plan to keep the linkage and rearward trigger, I don't know if that counts towards 922 or if it's the one that actually houses the disconnector. Changing out the forend for a US made one would help too. So would the disconnector. Maybe replacing the piston rod as well?

• 2 weeks later...

The trigger group you have pictured looks like the standard single hook Tapco group that everyone uses when they move the trigger group forward on a conversion. I am not sure that there is even an aftermarket trigger out there for Saiga rifles that will work without moving the trigger group forward. I haven't seen the stock trigger replaced without moving it forward. Since you have the trigger you might as well move it forward and get the rifle back to it's intended configuration.

Look at the trigger that's in there now. Not the external one, but the one that actually releases the hammer. It should look similar to the one you ordered, just with the "finger hook" cut off.