Saiga/AK rear sight modification

On another forum I ran across a fellow posting about a company that does a modification on the rear AK/Saiga sight to "aid rapid target acquisition". For "only" $35.00 PLUS $5.00 shipping and handling, they will widen the notch in the rear sight, and round the outside corners.

Am I the only one that thinks this is WAY too much for the amount of time and effort put into this mod?

Is this mod something that people are interested in? If so, I may add this mod to the services that I offer, but at a substantially reduced price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On another forum I ran across a fellow posting about a company that does a modification on the rear AK/Saiga sight to "aid rapid target acquisition". For "only" $35.00 PLUS $5.00 shipping and handling, they will widen the notch in the rear sight, and round the outside corners.

Am I the only one that thinks this is WAY too much for the amount of time and effort put into this mod?

Is this mod something that people are interested in? If so, I may add this mod to the services that I offer, but at a substantially reduced price.

Where are you out of, in the STL area and what all do you offer now? Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I put a Krebs rear aperture sight on my Saiga. I like it a lot. I use reading glasses but not when I shoot. The rear peep gives me a better sight picture for my old eyes than the original notch. I also painted my front sight post bright orange.

2012-06-30_22-11-47_694.jpg

2012-06-30_22-14-47_772.jpg