I think for it to count as US made it has to be made by a major manufacture and it has to be stamped "made in US". I you make it you really have no way to document it was made in the US.

the US part I have seen, and have some of them differ in appearance slightly or made from different material . I don't know if all US makers do this, but on US made gas piston, there is 3 grooves on the head and some are stainless steel, rather then the 2 grooves and chrome plated on foreign made piston, thereby distinguishing it. on my FSE US floor plate the "bumps" ( for a lack of a better term) are way different then any foreign floor plate amd stamped FSE USA, the followers are orange plastic rather then black. on CENTURY trigger groups all that is stamped on there is C.

I would venture to say if you made the parts from a different material or made them cosmetically slightly different then any foreign parts and stamp USA on them, you should have no issues.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Yes you can put foreign parts on US made gun. I think for it to count as US made it has to be made by a major manufacture and it has to be stamped "made in US". I you make it you really have no way to document it was made in the US.

nope, just has to be made in the us, doesn't have to be stamped either, it could be made by tapco or carved out of dried manure with your pocket knife, it's still considered us made

The law always works the same no matter what rifle, if it is a semiautomatic rifle with non-sporting features, you cannot have more than 10 of the 20 countable parts be imported. If the parts are not imported they do not count as imported parts, no matter who made them, how they look, or what they are marked with.

• Like 1