Venting Saiga gas tube...

I touched on this in my forend thread but have had only one reply so far...

Question: Who has vented their stock gas tube & how did it work out???....I'm looking for opinions as to hole size, location, # of holes etc....'Indiearms' gave me a couple of pointers (thanks!)in the other thread but a little more input may prove useful......I really don't want a single-shot Saiga :unsure: ..............

Lol @ single shot conversion! :lolol:

I vented my gas tube. I was a little worried about trying it too, until I reseached it a little bit. I found that many AK variants are vented, and after I vented mine, I did notice some minor advantages.

The rate of fire when bumping the Saiga seems to be a little faster and smoother, It stays noticably cleaner in the gas tube / piston area and at night it lets out a really cool flash. :super: Coupled with my muzzle break, I make alot of noise and fire! It might help with recoil a little too, Im not sure.

Lollygagger was the first one that I saw do this to a Saiga, and I asked him tons of questions in a thread waaaayy back in the pages. I pretty much did the same thing that he did, and I posted a step by step "how to" thread complete with pics and minor mistakes all cataloged for your convienience.

Can somebody link to thoes old posts for Mr. Wheat please?

post-1374-1127268398_thumb.jpg