Anyone working on high capacity magazines for MKA-1919?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this...very cool effort.   And I'm not sure what I said previously to get under the Mullet's skin, but if an apology will help, I'm sorry.   I've hun

We have a local engineering professor who wants to help us with the project if no one else is working on one.

I don't see much happening until there's a place to hang a sign!

Posted Images

Jump on that. If you can be the first to produce a reliable 10 shot mag for the Adkal, you will have all the business you can handle for a while.

You seem to keep your relationships good with the people who supply you parts. Why not make a deal with CSSpecs to do a production run?

Edited by GunFun

Jump on that. If you can be the first to produce a reliable 10 shot mag for the Adkal, you will have all the business you can handle for a while.

You seem to keep your relationships good with the people who supply you parts. Why not make a deal with CSSpecs to do a production run?

I agree. I have been checking this forum every day to see if someone is finally making high cap mags. Not only will the first producer experience a huge demand for his product, but also there are many people who have not bought the MKA-1919 because of the lack of high cap mags. Therefore, the availablity of high cap mags will create a greater demand for MKA-1919's.

I don't think he's really set up for mass production - as the first entrant into the market, demand will almost assuredly be higher than he could keep up with.

I ordered a couple Gen 2, 10 round mags from Firebird,,,,the tracking number says they should be here Monday. But the more company's making high cap mags , the better.

Why is there such a slow developement of this simple...but important item ? It seems like the company that makes it happen would have a corner on the market and also it would definately spur many more sales of this gun. I for one have coupled (2) 5 rounders and it works...but nowhere as fast as having a dedicated 10 or 12 round mag. It seems that because of the magwell design, that metal is the only answer...what is involved in getting these stamped and welded (which I assume they are) ? How can we as a community make it happen ?

It took years for the S12 mags to come out, but seriously I thought the MK mags would be faster coming because of the infrastructure that's already in place...Tromix doesn't make mags, and we've already invested tens of thousands of dollars into bringing this platform public.

The way they are built is different than most magazines, they are butt weld rather than overlapped.. Other than laser welding (which is slow as hell), odds are you'll have some poor soul cleaning the welds with a pencil grinder. And since last year I've been of the mind that if a mag has more than one tiny spot that needs to be fixed with a pencil grinder, its cheaper to scrap it.

Now in turkey I'm sure you can just hire some children to do that job and pay them a nickel a day, but here its not so easy.

The magazines need to be redesigned to work around production equipment.

I have to agree, I think that using the existing mags and going from there is the most feasible...I know 1 company is doing it, but I like choices when it come to buying things. Unfortunately it is pretty hard to get the custom 10 rounders as of now anyway and i would rather wait and get 12 + rounders anyway. I was just thinking out loud and hopeing for a great solution.

On a side note, is there anyway to use the Saiga mags out there and attach the top part from the MKA mag to them so they would fit ? (I know the saiga mags are larger in diameter, but I assume the inside diameter is the same). Any thoughts would be appreciated from those out there that have both platforms. I am willing to start cutting if it may be possible.

Edited by compshootfl

Here's my MKA with the coupled mags. The coupler kit also comes with a cool round stop for the 2nd mag, keeps the shells from popping out when moving quickly. It is a bit on the heavy side, but I am sure it will work great for 3 gun and such.

And yes, I'll post my opinion on how they perform after some use. From what FB told me, the springs in the two I bought works great for low power rounds and they are having stiffer springs made right now that will work better for low power and higher power rounds. (the gun fires high power stuff faster then the AGP spring can handle)

(you might want to wit a little while to contact FB, unfortunately, Jim's mother passed away a few days ago,,,,,,,)

7157797729_9517cdb796.jpg

7157796989_2525fee4aa.jpg

7342999620_63cce221cd.jpg

Yeah the firebird mags are just way too expensive. There has to be a much cheaper way to make 10 round mags for this thing. I mean a 139 bucks is a lot of money for magazines unless maybe it's a drum. Does it scream and moan my name in ecstasy too? lol :D

Pyro, when did you order? i'm still waiting for mine...

I ordered a couple Gen 2, 10 round mags from Firebird,,,,the tracking number says they should be here Monday. But the more company's making high cap mags , the better.

I got on the list way back when they were first taking orders, can't remember when, but a few months ago. I got the older springs in mine,, they my be waiting for the newer spring before spending more,,,but I am just guessing. They have been slammed with business due to there work on these guns but they are very good about shipping out in the order that the orders were received. I understand waiting kind of sucks, but you will be impressed when you do receive yours.

I got mine today ! totally stoked !

I got on the list way back when they were first taking orders, can't remember when, but a few months ago. I got the older springs in mine,, they my be waiting for the newer spring before spending more,,,but I am just guessing. They have been slammed with business due to there work on these guns but they are very good about shipping out in the order that the orders were received. I understand waiting kind of sucks, but you will be impressed when you do receive yours.

Yes, yes i am.

actually the drum doesnt work too bad loaded with about 15 rounds. but at a full 20 i'm having cycling problems, i have some ideas for the gas system to hopefully fix that. that and i need to work on the LRBHO. just proves all those akdal naysayers that said there would never be a drum wrong though.

• Like 1

How did you modify the Saiga (I assume) drum to work ?

Yes, yes i am.

actually the drum doesnt work too bad loaded with about 15 rounds. but at a full 20 i'm having cycling problems, i have some ideas for the gas system to hopefully fix that. that and i need to work on the LRBHO. just proves all those akdal naysayers that said there would never be a drum wrong though.