Anyone working on high capacity magazines for MKA-1919?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this...very cool effort.   And I'm not sure what I said previously to get under the Mullet's skin, but if an apology will help, I'm sorry.   I've hun

We have a local engineering professor who wants to help us with the project if no one else is working on one.

I don't see much happening until there's a place to hang a sign!

Posted Images

His IS experimental. It doesn't yet work correctly. You really think more detail would be helpful?

Why couldnt it be? Maybe by bringing others up to speed on his project and sharing information and pictures, they might be able to lend some ideas to add onto his work, or build a better mouse trap. Alot of good things come from constructive discussion, you should try it some time, instead of being a close minded prick about everything.

Edited by Mullet Man

As you have stated in the past, you don't have a dog in this particular race, so I must agree with the poster above, let the process play itself out for the rest of us, who do give a crap. Still smiling. ;-)

His IS experimental. It doesn't yet work correctly. You really think more detail would be helpful?

I'm not closed-minded; I'm opinionated.

I guess since the construction of the thing looks obvious to me, I can't imagine what sort of details would be helpful.

You want to make this personal, but I'm the prick? lol

And of course the process is going to play out...my comments represent my opinion, just like yours.

• Like 1

tend to agree with bob on this. i'll write a report when its finished.

thanks for offer to lend some constructive discussion. but i'm a stubborn prick who likes to do it my way and dont wanna hurt any feelings.

there is also the feeling that someelse may come up with a different direction that works better if they arent influenced by my direction at all.

I do appreciate the offer though.

• Like 1

I guess since the construction of the thing looks obvious to me, I can't imagine what sort of details would be helpful.

And of course the process is going to play out...my comments represent my opinion, just like yours.

Are you a representative of Tromix?

• Like 1

Are you a representative of Tromix?

Representative? No.

As a professional weapons designer, I work for Tromix.

But Tony Rumore IS Tromix.

I tend to agree with bob on this. i'll write a report when its finished.

thanks for offer to lend some constructive discussion. but i'm a stubborn prick who likes to do it my way and dont wanna hurt any feelings.

there is also the feeling that someelse may come up with a different direction that works better if they arent influenced by my direction at all.

Actually I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this...very cool effort.

And I'm not sure what I said previously to get under the Mullet's skin, but if an apology will help, I'm sorry.

I've hundreds of successful designs under my belt, and probably 10X that number of shitty ones so if I come off like "been-there-done-that", it's only because I probably have.

This is a discussion forum so, just like you, I'm going to continue to comment about the stuff I see. I'm cool with it if you don't agree with me.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Pyro,

Have you tried out the heavier magazine springs yet? I believe FB was making heavier recoil springs as well........so, just reading between the lines here, I wonder if the heavier magazine springs prevent the bolt from stripping rounds from the mag, hence the need for a heavier recoil spring? I sure hope not, since that will just require additional work to get the gun to cycle light loads with the heavier springs in place.

What we need are magazines that will run in the gun, right out of the box. If guys have to start swapping springs out in the gun and making other cycling related mods in order to get their guns to work, that is not going to be good for anyone. There is a big difference between delivering a gun/mag/shell combo that works well in 3-gun, and one that works for a beer can shooter (the bigger piece of the pie) running a huge assortment of different ammo through it.

Tony

Pyro,

Have you tried out the heavier magazine springs yet? I believe FB was making heavier recoil springs as well........so, just reading between the lines here, I wonder if the heavier magazine springs prevent the bolt from stripping rounds from the mag, hence the need for a heavier recoil spring? I sure hope not, since that will just require additional work to get the gun to cycle light loads with the heavier springs in place.

What we need are magazines that will run in the gun, right out of the box. If guys have to start swapping springs out in the gun and making other cycling related mods in order to get their guns to work, that is not going to be good for anyone. There is a big difference between delivering a gun/mag/shell combo that works well in 3-gun, and one that works for a beer can shooter (the bigger piece of the pie) running a huge assortment of different ammo through it.

Tony

I just received a couple of the mag springs with the higher spring rate weight, but have not had a chance to use them yet. Hope to get to "the range" one day nextt week.

I really don't mind tuning my guns and mags to work the way I like, a few work decent out of the box, but most every gun and mag I have needed to be modified to some extent. My Saiga 12s needed the most work of any of my guns, including swapping springs for different power loads. I have no problem with the modifying my MKA and it's mags. At least FB has brought to the public a finely designed and manufactured 10 round mag and many other MKA products, when no one else would. Not knocking your work in this platform, but also no need to knock anyone else's work.

Edited by PYRO

And I'm not sure what I said previously to get under the Mullet's skin, but if an apology will help, I'm sorry.

I've hundreds of successful designs under my belt, and probably 10X that number of shitty ones so if I come off like "been-there-done-that", it's only because I probably have.

This is a discussion forum so, just like you, I'm going to continue to comment about the stuff I see. I'm cool with it if you don't agree with me.

Well hell I'd like to throw my 2 pennies in here! Bobs one of the coolest cats on here, a real statesmen kind of guy. I have yet to see him provoke anyone, but he will tell it the way he sees it! I just felt the need to step up and say that considering how much Bob has done for the saiga Forum and Tromix.

• Like 1

lets see some of these designs....

• 3 weeks later...

Shut down our thread. Thought we were trying to advertise a product that doesn't exist yet. Here is youtube links:

No, not correct, but you did get the key word 'advertising' in there. There have been objections voiced by business and regular forum members who perceive the info presented as an attempt at free advertising by a non-business member of the forum.

Sorry,

We posted about a mag we made , not intending to sell it at the time , and got ALOT of messages about it, wanting more info , and wanting to buy them.

We figured one reply on a forum would eliminate multiple PM's .

I have contacted this site about a sponsorship , since there seems to be a market for such a product , just don't know if it's feasable.

Sorry,

We posted about a mag we made , not intending to sell it at the time , and got ALOT of messages about it, wanting more info , and wanting to buy them.

We figured one reply on a forum would eliminate multiple PM's .

I have contacted this site about a sponsorship , since there seems to be a market for such a product , just don't know if it's feasable.

Thank you for your understanding.