Anyone working on high capacity magazines for MKA-1919?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this...very cool effort.   And I'm not sure what I said previously to get under the Mullet's skin, but if an apology will help, I'm sorry.   I've hun

We have a local engineering professor who wants to help us with the project if no one else is working on one.

I don't see much happening until there's a place to hang a sign!

Posted Images

I don't know anything about other mags , we got tired of waiting and built our own , and 2 buddies went and bought a 1919 after seeing our mag run.wink.pngph34r.png

Actually built another today. 150 rnds , 1 FTF , 1 stovepipe , 1 FT feed.

We noticed that the CHEAP wally world low brass/alum. ammo has a large variation in size of brass causing the occasional feed issues , 20.27mm to 20.45mm(only 2 in the 20.4x mm ) , most are in the 20.3xmm , need to loosen the tolerances on the mag some.

Not to hijack this thread , but does your gun/mags cycle 3" shells reliably ? mine does about 80-85% but REALLY creases the shell.

It does 2 3/4 , 99.5% , with an occasional stove pipe.

Just to be clear , these ARE NOT for sale , maybe later ? ? we are looking into becoming a site sponsor for possibly mfg/selling them , if they can be built at a reasonable price , right now it costs us about 75.00 for materials + labor. Of course that's 1 at a time production.

We are VERY pleased with the results so far , mass production maybe a nightmare , who knows ? ? ?

Also I have NO IDEA of what the sales numbers would be , not to sure how to find out.

I probably won't post much more ,unless we become a sponsor.

Just to be clear , these ARE NOT for sale , maybe later ? ? we are looking into becoming a site sponsor for possibly mfg/selling them , if they can be built at a reasonable price , right now it costs us about 75.00 for materials + labor. Of course that's 1 at a time production.

We are VERY pleased with the results so far , mass production maybe a nightmare , who knows ? ? ?

Also I have NO IDEA of what the sales numbers would be , not to sure how to find out.

I probably won't post much more ,unless we become a sponsor.

Economies of scale would bring the per unit cost down. It sounds like you need investors, but first I would suggest you have an independent reviewer test the mags and present a range report to potential buyers. You need marketing analysis and a business plan. I am a retired MBA and plan to stay that way, but there are plenty of financial and small business advisors who can help you.

• Like 1

Thanks OKC

I have started and run several successful small business , all were local market only businesses . So that isn't a problem , the $$ I don't think is a problem either , depending on how MUCH it costs.

My question is how to find out the demand , I have NO WAY of figuring out how many WIDGETS have been sold , if I knew this I could make an somewhat educated guess of what the demand would be for a add on to the original widget.

ETA; font is suddenly extra small

Edited by toothandnail

Thanks OKC

I have started and run several successful small business , all were local market only businesses . So that isn't a problem , the $$ I don't think is a problem either , depending on how MUCH it costs.

My question is how to find out the demand , I have NO WAY of figuring out how many WIDGETS have been sold , if I knew this I could make an somewhat educated guess of what the demand would be for a add on to the original widget.

The problem with that logic, is the mag/gun deal is the chicken and the egg syndrome. There won't be a bunch gun sales, until there are high cap mags, and vice versa. The good thing you have going for you, is that Firebird and Tromix stepped up the plate already with 922r parts, so it will be legal to run the mags.

Thanks OKC

The problem with that logic, is the mag/gun deal is the chicken and the egg syndrome. There won't be a bunch gun sales, until there are high cap mags, and vice versa. The good thing you have going for you, is that Firebird and Tromix stepped up the plate already with 922r parts, so it will be legal to run the mags.

Chicken/egg , they both work together advancing the sale of the other. I was thinking that very thing today , also just about called you today to ask for some advice. But didn't want to bother you.

Thanks OKC

Chicken/egg , they both work together advancing the sale of the other. I was thinking that very thing today , also just about called you today to ask for some advice. But didn't want to bother you.

If factory extended mags are coming out this fall, then the manufacturer must have done enough research to justify production.

Thanks OKC

If factory extended mags are coming out this fall, then the manufacturer must have done enough research to justify production.

iunno man turkey logic seems pretty ass backwards, research might be throwing fallafal at a camel and calling it a day...

Thanks OKC

Here in Europe the only real justification for an Akdal or a Saiga is IPSC. Clays is not allowed to be shot at least not competiton wise. Most countries also restrict hunting with semis or even have it banned. For example you can own a semi but for carrying it you need a carrying license while for non semis a huntign license is also the carrying license. Then there are the very very traditional hunting community in most European countries. They do see themselvs also as preserver of tradition. That can go as far as plastic stocks are not accepted. There is of course no law against them but hunting communities dont accept them and so you will not be invited and so forth. Anyway, unless you have your own hunting ground you will most likely never be invited if you carry a Akdal or so and dont forget that we dont have the license system like in the US but a system where you have to own the land or if you dont own enough you go together with your neigbouts and so on.

Bottom line is that thos types of guns are mainly sold for IPSC with the exception of a few zombie hunters lol. For IPSC you need 10 rounders otherwise you will not be able to sell the gun. So they simply determined that if they want to sell in Europoe they need 10 rounders.

OEM 10 round factory mags are announced for fall this year at least here in Europe. Should be in the mid 50 Euros each

Can you point me to an announcement for this? My googlefu is coming up short. I'm leaving for Poland next week and will be there through October and if these are coming out in that window would love to try to scare a few up and bring them home.

Thanks,

OEM 10 round factory mags are announced for fall this year at least here in Europe. Should be in the mid 50 Euros each

Can you point me to an announcement for this? My googlefu is coming up short. I'm leaving for Poland next week and will be there through October and if these are coming out in that window would love to try to scare a few up and bring them home.

Thanks,

Dont know about Polen but the importer auf Akdals into Austria will have them in stock sometimes in fall. He already ordered them so its no rumor or so and he told me by himself when I bought my MKA. Check who is the importer into Poland and try to contact them

Thanks,

or you could have them send to Poland. Where in Poland are you? If you are in the southern part its only a few hours to Vienna and the importer sits in Vienna. Anyway, I could send you the contacts if it helps

Thanks,

or you could have them send to Poland. Where in Poland are you? If you are in the southern part its only a few hours to Vienna and the importer sits in Vienna. Anyway, I could send you the contacts if it helps

Most of the time will be spent in Białystok though I do expect to spend a small amount time in Kraków doing some obligatory tourist things. It may well be worth planning Kraków around a day trip to Vienna. If you could PM the contacts that would be great!

Edited by nicklebon

Thanks,

Most of the time will be spent in Białystok though I do expect to spend a small amount time in Kraków doing some obligatory tourist things. It may well be worth planning Kraków around a day trip to Vienna. If you could PM the contacts that would be great!

pm is on the way. not sure how good his english is or your german big_smile.gif but just tell him that u know me and that i could translate if need be.

Krakow to Vienna is around 4,5 hours if you drive European style. So maybe too far for just the magazines but if you have never been to Vienna is well worth a trip but you should plan at least a couple of days if not longer. If you need some recommendations just let me know. I am in Graz which is around 100 miles south of Vienna. If u drive Austrian style thats little bid more than 1 hour big_smile.gif

If you are coming to Vienna let me know. I am on business trips a lot in September and October and then there is the Shotgun World Championship in Hungary end of September but maybe if I am in the country I could come to Vienna.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

ya they don't...

have fun getting that through customs...

Do you know of anyone that had an application denied?

It may be a "gentleman's agreement" like with the disappearance of the Tiger rifles. A verbal agreement. So long as both parties hold up their end of the agreement, no one has problems with each other.

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously if that's true,I'll be doing backflips.Finally hi-cap Mags!!!!!!

So, rumors say that the factory 10 rounders are ready to go out from the factory this week...

Any word on if anyone is going to import them?

Seriously if that's true,I'll be doing backflips.Finally hi-cap Mags!!!!!!

So, rumors say that the factory 10 rounders are ready to go out from the factory this week...

Any word on if anyone is going to import them?

Highcaps?

I'm dying to see if my Firebird 5 and 8 round extensions will work on them wink.png

(early indication was that at least the 5 round ones would)

Edited by gose