Got my form 1 back. Possible issue.

Well, I got my form 1 back for my sbs saiga 12. I started looking at the unimpressive $200 stamp on my form. I happened to notice that my approver wrote the serial number of my saiga on the stamp. I guess that is the norm? Well, she ALMOST wrote the serial number.... She left 1 digit out of the middle of the serial. So now I am going to have to call and ask her about it tomorrow. Hopefully it won't cause a big delay.

Also, my saiga has the infamous Velcro patch on the back right of the receiver. I am trying to figure out the best place for my engraving, but there's not a lot of open real estate. The front of the mag well might work, but it will be tight. Any recommendations on mail order engraving companies that deal with NFA/ saigas? I found Orion Arms online, and am waiting for a quote from them.

The serial number written on the stamp doesn't matter. As long as you wrote the serial number correctly (i.e. the form matches the gun itself) when you filled out the form, you're good. The writing on the stamp is how it is 'canceled' the way any used stamp should be, per federal law on revenue stamps. The writing on the stamp doesn't have legal significance. In the past they canceled checks by stamping the date of approval on them, and also by initialing them in ball point pen. I have a few with no cancellation on them. I am sure in the more distant past they did other things too.

As to where to engrave, I got mine engraved above the "made in russia by izhmash" marking. There was room below the top of the receiver, and above that line, for my name, city and state. I had Iron Ridge Arms in Longmont CO do it. When the top cover is on you can barely see it; it's discreet but visible, as the "man" requires.

Orion replied today. They quoted $55 + $19 for return shipping and said in front of the magwell would work just fine. Good to know on the stamp. I'll call just to be safe, but hopefully won't have to wait for any kind of correction, like you said.

Orion replied today. They quoted $55 + $19 for return shipping and said in front of the magwell would work just fine. Good to know on the stamp. I'll call just to be safe, but hopefully won't have to wait for any kind of correction, like you said.

I don't think that the mag-well would be a good or possibly legal place. What if you take it off?

I don't think that the mag-well would be a good or possibly legal place. What if you take it off?

he means on the receiver in front of the mag well, not on an aftermarket mag well