DPH VERTICAL BOLT ON HANDLE

DPHVCH.jpg

has anyone ever tried to install one of these and just fill in on each side of the holes with MIG weld, to make it more solid ??

just wondering if it would make it any beefier ?? I was thinking you could fill it in and then grind it smoothe and refinish ??

Pour JB weld into the holes laugh.png

I would be down to try this, because I don't mind the look of that, however, I already JB welded my Tromix charging handle on. It has taken more than enough rounds to prove its not going anywhere.

• 4 weeks later...

That looks interesting. I would surely prefer welded, but like many I do not own a welder.

I wonder if that would work loose or not.

Well, the charging handle could be slightly dimpled and red Loctite could be applied. Probably wouldn't go anywhere then. Does look interesting.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

not optic friendly at all, my buddy said here my eotech has a quick release try it, and without thinking I pulled with my right hand and knukle was bloody.

and it keeps coming loose, think I'll chop it down and weld it on at a 45.

excuse me for saying this, but that is one of the useless things I have seen being sold for the S12. what is wrong with the charging handle as is? really, I have no problem with the existing charging handle, am in the minority? or is this more of "bling thing"

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

That does look like the titan rail will saw into your hand.

As far as uselessness goes... It is a preference thing. It seems absurd to me when I watch people with mods like this lock the bolt back every time with their right hand to change the mag. However, if you want to do speed runs, or any kind of competition, anything that makes it easier to reach the charging handle with your left hand is a plus. I still think gunfixer's FAL type charging handle is one of the best I have seen, and I think the "Ratchet" system works well. Personaly, I am more likely to drill through and thread the carrier and use a socket head cap screw on each side as a charging handle. (I guess it is a solid concept as R&R just announced that they are making production carriers designed around that idea.)

I don't see that it is any more useless than a vertical handle, or a sling... whatever helps you use the gun in your preferred method more effectively.

I vastly prefer beefing up the handle one way or another. I've got big hands, and in any kind of adverse conditions (wet, muddy, gloves, etc) I get shit-for-purchase on the standard hook. Every AK pattern gun I own has a tromix knob on it, and I am much, much happier for it.

This design looks interesting, but--to me--not as a left-handed option (because of optics). It would vastly increase your purchase with your right hand, though.

Sorry, but the vertical charging handle is a huge improvement IMHO, depending on your sight setup. I would definately go with weld-on over bolt-on though, especially with the increased leverage at the attachment point. Doesn't work great with Krebs rear ghost rings or rear mounted optics. Works great with HK sights/OEM sights and/or forward mounted optics.

For me, vertical chargers are NOT bling and are NOT useless. I could see it maybe being a negative if you wanted to keep the manual of arms consistent with the standard AKM, but other than that they are a big plus in my book as they allow a much more positive engagement of the palm of my hand on the bolt handle (compared to the standard handle) while keeping the weapon shouldered. Just my opinion however.

Went to the range today and put about 150 low brass, and about 40 or so 3 in mag slugs through my s-12 and this fucking charging handle was giving me all kinds of trouble. I did like how it made charging the weapon a little easier but sure enough even with locktite the handle kept coming loose. I cranked on it over and over again thinking that ok this will be the last time but every 45-50 rounds it would start to come loose... looks like back to the drawing board.