It is done to limit overtravel of the trigger so that when you pull the trigger it ONLY moves JUST ENOUGH to make the weapon fire. and moves back JUST ENOUGH for the trigger to reset...

It allows much faster follow up shots as well as a distinctly better trigger pull.

My question is.... If you set those screws down through the receiver... what keeps them from sticking out the bottom?? Or did you get them set, threadlock, and then grind flush with the receiver, and then have to paint them to match ( if you didnt want silver circles showing ) ???

:smoke:

I have an unpainted aluminum saiga tech usa trigger guard on this gun (that's what the large black allen screws do, hold the trigger guard to the receiver) so the screws aren't noticable unless you are looking for them. The reset stop is actually completely hidden by the grip. I drilled through the receiver and through the guard then threaded them the whole way through. Screwed the screws in, marked the exposed threads, cut them off then locktited the screws in. Bottomed out was almost perfect. Good enough to function, but the hammer would barely scrub the trigger hook when resetting so I polished down the front stop screw a tad and that cleared it up.

This is the gun in my avatar. It's got over 2k rounds through it. It doesn't look horribly beat up, just like it's had a lot of fun.

Initially I throught I would remove the finish inside the receiver and weld up some stops, then "tune" them with a file. For whatever reason when I woke up yesterday I decided to do it this way instead.

Edited by hobbyshooter

Hmmm.......laudable effort but wouldn't it have been simpler (without drilling holes) to just put washer(s) under the trigger guard screw to limit pretravel? I do my overtravel adjustment by filing a Tapco double hook to limit travel in the single hook receiver. But hey, if it works, it works.

Hmmm.......laudable effort but wouldn't it have been simpler (without drilling holes) to just put washer(s) under the trigger guard screw to limit pretravel? I do my overtravel adjustment by filing a Tapco double hook to limit travel in the single hook receiver. But hey, if it works, it works.

For the reset yes you're right. I'll keep that in mind when I get around to messing with another S12. I've heard of using a double hook for a short trigger pull stop but obviously I already had this group in the gun and the screw stops were just a Sunday morning idea that I put into action.

mall ninjas unite!!!

Your ignorance is showing.

I have added trigger stops to a couple of my rifles that had excessive overtravel. Takeup doesn't bother me too much but a half inch overtravel is more than I can take. You can see the adjustment screw in this pic.

gallery_4831_950_105356.jpg

Edited by Darth Saigus

I initially was going to ball up some weld but I only have a mig & reaching in to the bottom of the receiver to surface prep & weld just seemed like a pita.

I shot it today and the difference was obvious. I'm very pleased with the results. Big improvement.

• 3 weeks later...

I just used a fender washer ground flat on one side, and slipped it over a screw on the Tromix DIY trigger guard. Didn't bother with overtravel though. I suppose I could try a washer up front too, but I'm happy how it is, for the time being.

crappy cell phone pic, and yes, I know I have the screws in upside down. They're more secure that way.

triggerstop.jpg

I initially was going to ball up some weld but I only have a mig & reaching in to the bottom of the receiver to surface prep & weld just seemed like a pita.

The trick is to put the weld on the bottom of the trigger leg, then grind to fit your needs. I have done this on a couple of guns. People that shoot them say "whoa!"

For overtravel, you can use a double hook trigger on a single hook gun. Modify the unneed hook to become the overtravel stop. Takes a lot of fitting but when you get it done it is really nice.

I also straighten out my G2 triggers a little. I think they have too much hook in them. Takes a lot of hammering and polishing, but both of the triggers are pretty impressive in the AK platform.

jonblack

Edited by jonblack