HK sights question?

I got my Chaos HK sights in today and have a question about them.

What do the settings on the rear sight mean? I guess that each of the numbers designate a particular range, but I am not familiar with HK sights. Could someone please tell me what the numbers on the rear sight signify?

Those don't effect range at all. They are simply to allow for better sight picture in low-light or with eye-pro, as well as the smaller peep holes allow for a tighter sight picture, thus tighter shot groupings (accuracy). All of those are pretty irrelevant on a shotgun, even slugs and discarding sabot rounds aren't accurate enough to warrant strict zero on a shotgun, I would set it to which ever setting you like the most and adjust your front sight for that one.

*EDIT: My only experience with the HK sights is on issue MP5s - I'm not sure the exact same sights are used, but HK sights are generally 4 different sized holes.

Edited by Kylsix

Those don't effect range at all. They are simply to allow for better sight picture in low-light or with eye-pro, as well as the smaller peep holes allow for a tighter sight picture, thus tighter shot groupings (accuracy). All of those are pretty irrelevant on a shotgun, even slugs and discarding sabot rounds aren't accurate enough to warrant strict zero on a shotgun, I would set it to which ever setting you like the most and adjust your front sight for that one.

*EDIT: My only experience with the HK sights is on issue MP5s - I'm not sure the exact same sights are used, but HK sights are generally 4 different sized holes.

DELETE

Edited by ARMOR