Project: evlblksbs.... done! 8 inches of pure sex!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While I was suspended, I thought I'd be productive and at least create something for my fellow members to enjoy. I hope this inspires someone out there as that is my main goal when I try to make a con

Remind me not to piss her off....   [media=] [/media]

If you want to go eye brow less.

Posted Images

BTW Would you guys like to see some video of the wife slaying some steel with it?

Lets see the video.

I'll get it up ASAP. It is editing in CineForm right now.

evl, that is one impressive, little flame-throwing bitch you've got there.

Nicely done, sir!! 027.gif

You should see it with some Remington Express 00 Buck. That shit lights up the whole damn range. the fireball is so big that the camera can't define it.

What's the point of 8" if you only last 3 seconds??

Lol I keed.

One hell of a rodeo for 3 seconds though, lol.

Nice!, Wonder if I can Bullpup that? nothing.gif

If you want to go eye brow less.

I say try it. I was watching my 3" Rem Express 00 Buck video and the blast goes out at 90 degrees from the muzzle and ends in a well defined point, creating a cone shape. I might do a 8" custom pup after I get some other things sorted out.

She handles the 8 incher like a pro.horror.gif

OK.....for the big question......which plug are you using?

She certainly does. I'm a lucky man ;)

Factory plug. I tried the Autoplug my second time out and couldn't run the Winchester Universal without adjusting the screw all of the way in. It raised hell with the Federal Multi though. I needed to tweak a couple of other things as well, so I gave up for the day. I will likely try the Autoplug on this one again soon. The long handguard makes it a bitch to get to the regulator detent, so an Autoplug is right up my alley.

You are a twisted and very extreme individual, but I must admit that I was thinking exactly the same thing the not long after I put it back together. I almost regret installing that folder on it and kind of wish I could have played around with it a few different ways before jumping to the final vision.

You are a twisted and very extreme individual, but I must admit that I was thinking exactly the same thing the not long after I put it back together. I almost regret installing that folder on it and kind of wish I could have played around with it a few different ways before jumping to the final vision.

Anthony, you are more sick than BpS12.

I have a 12 inch and I put the front end of my Pup Kit on there, and that thing is mega short, could definately blow off you hand, if you are not extra careful, and even singe some eye lashes. Buy another 12 and start another project.

Anthony, you are more sick than BpS12.

I have a 12 inch and I put the front end of my Pup Kit on there, and that thing is mega short, could definately blow off you hand, if you are not extra careful, and even singe some eye lashes. Buy another 12 and start another project.

When money permits, I might give it a whirl.

ETA: the " 1 warning points " thing kind of makes me feel like an outlaw. I'm digging it! (don't want any more than 1. 1 is perfect ;) )

Edited by evlblkwpnz

This gun is pure badassery! Very very nice.

Thank you!

Some guys from Cali were drooling over it at the range and telling me how they can't have anything remotely close to it in Cali. I told them that they had half of the battle won.... just don't go back ;) I almost had them talked into moving here after I broke out the SBRs (10.5" AR and 107UR). At least they know what they are missing now. I'm all for any enthusiast moving from that shit hole.

PM inbound....

Well, kinda wink.png

I appreciate the compliment. Are you still down here?

Nope, I moved about 450 miles north just over a year ago.

I sent you a txt about my trigger stops. Did you get them or have you changed your phone #?

I saw that, but couldn't figure out who you were and I have been slammed lately. Very good idea and it inspired me to try something that I have been wanting to do for a while. I need a few more parts before I can test. What type of FCG was it again? G2 single?

Sucks that you had to pick up. Lots of exciting things going on lately.... let me know if you come down to visit family or tie up loose ends.

I saw that, but couldn't figure out who you were and I have been slammed lately. Very good idea and it inspired me to try something that I have been wanting to do for a while. I need a few more parts before I can test. What type of FCG was it again? G2 single?

Sucks that you had to pick up. Lots of exciting things going on lately.... let me know if you come down to visit family or tie up loose ends.

We are very happy up here so the move was definitely for the better. I just need to find someone closer to my house that'll let me shoot on their property. I'll be sure to give you a call when I get down there again.

My FCG is a single hook G2 tapco. I think I'll do a similar mod to my .223 and a couple other S12s. Next time I want to weld up a booger on the bottom front of the hammer hook and file that down to achieve the stop, and use a long flat washer/spacer under the trigger guard screw. That way there's no drilling into the receiver & nothing that can back out.

I put a gun together for a friend with a factory hammer & the trigger welded to the bottom of it just to test fire it and surprisingly the factory hammer had similar characteristics to my G2 with stops. If the trigger angle didn't feel so horrible I'd probably pretty it up and keep running it. This is one of the early short barrel guns with the choke welded to the end. His intention was to SBS it but he's had it apart for years now and just left it at my house and bought a benelli. It sounds like I'm going to own it for only a couple hundred bucks (not like I need another one).

• Like 1

We are very happy up here so the move was definitely for the better. I just need to find someone closer to my house that'll let me shoot on their property. I'll be sure to give you a call when I get down there again.

My FCG is a single hook G2 tapco. I think I'll do a similar mod to my .223 and a couple other S12s. Next time I want to weld up a booger on the bottom front of the hammer hook and file that down to achieve the stop, and use a long flat washer/spacer under the trigger guard screw. That way there's no drilling into the receiver & nothing that can back out.

I put a gun together for a friend with a factory hammer & the trigger welded to the bottom of it just to test fire it and surprisingly the factory hammer had similar characteristics to my G2 with stops. If the trigger angle didn't feel so horrible I'd probably pretty it up and keep running it. This is one of the early short barrel guns with the choke welded to the end. His intention was to SBS it but he's had it apart for years now and just left it at my house and bought a benelli. It sounds like I'm going to own it for only a couple hundred bucks (not like I need another one).

It is nice to get something for cheap that you can use as a testbed or experiment with. We always need another one ;)

Thats badass, awesome work.

Thank you. It was fun and rewarding. I've been wanting to go there for a while.

Remind me not to piss her off....

[media=]

[/media]

Little slow but generally on target. Give her more practice and report back.

Gun is pure sex,. I would love to see a more detailed build with pix showing the work. even a pic of the carrier post transformation would be apreciated.

And my pants are now around my ankles.... Damn that is beautiful! I've been wanting to SBS my 12 but I didn't really like the look of most. I want something that looks "factory" and with a triangle folder. Your build fits the bill perfectly. I can't imagine that folder is going to be comfortable to shoot for long periods though. Maybe put a GP-30 launcher pad on it?

If you have time would you might throwing together a quick guide on what you did and mention any gotcha's? I would like to do this one of these days.

Congrats on the build, looks awesome.

The stock is fine for me. I usually do 400-800 rounds in a session with these folders. Doesn't feel much different than a fixed WARSAW, to me.

You guys didn't see all of the pics that I posted from May 9th to June 8th?

You guys didn't see all of the pics that I posted from May 9th to June 8th?

I've been working 60-70+ hrs a week through that period of time. hard for me to keep track of things on here, sorry.

It was a joke. I couldn't post at all then or view the forum from my laptop or phone during that period 021.gif Damn solar flares....

To avoid upsetting any business members who need to make SBSs in order to pay their bills and put food on the table, I'm not going to post detailed internal pics. Sorry. I wish I could help. However, I will share a couple of inspiring quotes....

"Nice job, JMac. I can tell you that the number of (non-pro gunsmith) people that have successfully shortened their own gas system can be counted on one finger."- BobAsh .... so I decided to take a stab at it.

"DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FIRE WINCHESTER “UNIVERSAL” AMMO SOLD AT WALMART. YOU WILL HAVE NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS."- Tromix?

....so I made Winchster Universal my baseline testing ammo and used MD-20 drums.

I would like to thank BobAsh and Tony Rumore for the port sizing info. 4 at .073" was perfect and I have to admit that I was skeptical as to whether I could meet my reliability goal at that sizing, but figured it would be a good starting point. It worked like a charm. Other than that, the rest is easy to figure out if you are capable of pulling it off. Building one of these 8" guns will certainly tell you where you stand when it comes to skill and ability. That is precisely why so very few shops build these. Addressing carrier tilt was the hardest part, IMO, but I came up with a great idea for that. Anyways, most appreciated and kudos to Tony Rumore for having the balls to go 8" to begin with. That was a game-changing idea and Tony was truly a pioneer in this industry.

• Like 2

Hey will you post a flat profile pic with the stock extended? Preferably the ejection side.

I can get you a good one tomorrow. The wife will kick my ass if I wake her up digging around in the safe beaten.gif

Awesone gun. What did you use for the piston tube, the pipe that encloses the bolt carrier? I know the carrier won't fit in the ribbed part of the factory tube, so I think most people who move the gas block back (which means more of the carrier ends up in the tube) replace the factory tube with a piece of tubing. Dimensions on what you used, or did you repurposes something for that role? I am trying to gather ideas for a build. What to do with that part is a factor. I would love to see some pictures of the bolt carrier as well, as well as the gun field stripped.

Awesone gun. What did you use for the piston tube, the pipe that encloses the bolt carrier? I know the carrier won't fit in the ribbed part of the factory tube, so I think most people who move the gas block back (which means more of the carrier ends up in the tube) replace the factory tube with a piece of tubing. Dimensions on what you used, or did you repurposes something for that role? I am trying to gather ideas for a build. What to do with that part is a factor. I would love to see some pictures of the bolt carrier as well, as well as the gun field stripped.

If you have the skill to do it, you can figure it out. I can't post any internal pics. Please understand.

• 2 weeks later...

That is a work of art. Would you please weigh that machine? It's funny how your desires change once you have what you've dreamed of for so long. My saiga is getting heavy quick. Even considered (for one second) selling her to start a lighter build. I quickly decided I couldn't part her so the only logical move is to buy another. You are a true inspiriation. Looking forward to your trigger suprise and finding out the lbs. Thanks!

• Like 1