So, one fine night just over a week ago, I was still up and crusing the forums at ~3am. That's when I saw a new ad: "Arsenal SA M-7 for sale". I figured I surely couldn't afford it, but I've wanted one for years. So, I went ahead and read the details of the ad.

Lo and behold, the seller was advertising an unfired, (since the factory test rnds), SA M-7 Classic, (semi-auto AK-47 type III), with an asking price of.... $850 + shipping.

No one had replied yet, but this was on the akfiles marketplace, which is heavily trafficked, so I knew I didn't have much time. I posted "I'll take it." before even seeing any pics, and luckily, the rifle is as-advertised, in brand-new condition. The barrel doesn't even yet have any fouling, chrome is nice and shiny even at the bore.

I picked her up yesterday from my FFL. Here she is...

primosam77.jpg

primosam71.jpg

primosam72.jpg

primosam73.jpg

primosam74.jpg

primosam75.jpg

sam781.jpg

This rifle is also from early in one of the few production runs Arsenal has ever offered on this model. SN is AC 02 00XX. I'm very happy with my purchase. It'll almost be a shame to shoot her... almost. 000.gif

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

Wow, you scored. $800 is a steal. Congrats

Thank you, sir.

Nice rifle and nice score! You never know when a deal will show up in the classifieds. It makes the internet dangerous for your wallet!

Haha.. you ain't kiddin. For this price, I committed to buying it, (had to get first dibs), before I'd figured out how to best absorb the cost.

I ended up selling one of my SGL Saigas locally to cover it, so it was almost like a trade, one I did pretty well on.

Wow, you scored. $800 is a steal. Congrats

Thank you, sir.

Nice rifle and nice score! You never know when a deal will show up in the classifieds. It makes the internet dangerous for your wallet!

Haha.. you ain't kiddin. For this price, I committed to buying it, (had to get first dibs), before I'd figured out how to best absorb the cost.

I ended up selling one of my SGL Saigas locally to cover it, so it was almost like a trade, one I did pretty well on.

Good deal man!

• Like 1

One of the sweetest AKs ever right there.

I'm jealous.... although still glad you saw it first and bought it, otherwise I'd be another $850 in the hole.

Now PA..... I thought you were telling me that the thin receiver SGL is superior to thick and milled receiver AKs because it's so much lighter.

And yet now you trade off the SGL for a milled gun. what.gifhaha.gif j/k ...... nice score!

• Like 1

One of the sweetest AKs ever right there.

I'm jealous.... although still glad you saw it first and bought it, otherwise I'd be another $850 in the hole.

Now PA..... I thought you were telling me that the thin receiver SGL is superior to thick and milled receiver AKs because it's so much lighter.

And yet now you trade off the SGL for a milled gun. what.gifhaha.gif j/k ...... nice score!

Thanks, Spartacus.

If I had to carry it slung all day, every day, I'd still prefer a SGL21 to the SA M-7.

I did sell one to fund the Classic, but I've got more. ;)

It'll be interesting to shoot em side-by-side and compare their accuracy. I expect the SA M-7 to be more accurate.. but by how much remains to be seen.

• Like 1

You guys need to stop, I mean it. If you get a great deal and have "Deal-Wood" and an overall feeling that life is great, I'm very happy for you. Just don't talk about it and post beautiful photos of beautiful weapons, please. I'm very impressionable. I found myself shopping AES10s earlier today and I have an unfinished S-12, a MAK90 I've been working on all day and a Sig P220 22LR on the way.

I simply cannot afford anything else!!! cry.gif

But if you look around yourself and realize you can't afford that new rifle, pm me. I might be able to help find someone to take it off your hands, eh hem.

Now, WHERE'S THAT DAMN E-CLIP???

• Like 1

You guys need to stop, I mean it. If you get a great deal and have "Deal-Wood" and an overall feeling that life is great, I'm very happy for you. Just don't talk about it and post beautiful photos of beautiful weapons, please. I'm very impressionable. I found myself shopping AES10s earlier today and I have an unfinished S-12, a MAK90 I've been working on all day and a Sig P220 22LR on the way.

I simply cannot afford anything else!!! cry.gif

But if you look around yourself and realize you can't afford that new rifle, pm me. I might be able to help find someone to take it off your hands, eh hem.

Now, WHERE'S THAT DAMN E-CLIP???

Haha.. thanks for the offer, Squishy, but if I were desperate for $; I'd sell all my furniture, my electronics, my tools, my blood n semen, and all my other guns before I parted with the SA M-7. ;)

Yeah, my "deal-wood" has lasted about ~72 hrs now. :D

On a side-note; don't use e-clips, use hitch-pins.

• Like 1

Holy crap. You freaking stole that thing!

Just makes me wonder if it was stolen.

Nah, the seller just bought it several years ago, (before they'd appreciated in value so much), and priced it for around what he paid back then.

He didn't bother to see what her current market value was before offering her for sale; and I was glad to meet his asking price, before I'd even seen pics, (couldn't wait on this one). Carpe armorum! biggrin.png

Brother you stole that!!! Nice score on a nice rifle. I have wanted one of those since first getting into Kalashnikovs.

On a side note, I'm getting tired of seeing all the deals that you guys are finding, and I can't find sh*t!!!! I'm one envious SOB. I guess I'm sore because I sold my S12 to fund an important trip my wife and her Mom are taking to Delaware later this month. I didn't really want to, but from a household budget standpoint, it made sense. Damnit!!!!

• Like 1

you should get some IWD laminate and finish it in russian red....

I've considered that. If I did so, it would be as much to preserve the original blonde furniture as anything, because I do love the blonde look. I might also strategically stress the finish to give it that BFPU character to go along with the brown/red furniture.

I still haven't fired her... bout 95% sure I'll do so tomorrow. I don't think I can let her remain a safe queen, when she's likely the most accurate 7.62x39 AK I own.

• Like 1

Damn, I hope that poor guy that sold this rifle to you doesn't go pricing them. Between GunsAmerica.com and GunBroker.com there's one for sale. It can be had for $1,700.00

Or, you can buy one from Atlantic for ~$1,989. :D

Don't feel too badly for "that poor guy"; he's the one who set the price and I agreed to pay it.. didn't haggle or nothin. ;)

Brother you stole that!!! Nice score on a nice rifle. I have wanted one of those since first getting into Kalashnikovs.

On a side note, I'm getting tired of seeing all the deals that you guys are finding, and I can't find sh*t!!!! I'm one envious SOB. I guess I'm sore because I sold my S12 to fund an important trip my wife and her Mom are taking to Delaware later this month. I didn't really want to, but from a household budget standpoint, it made sense. Damnit!!!!

I feel your pain. I just had to do the same thing with my S12. I knew I could get a grand out of it and well, that's exactly what it sold for. It killed me to do it, especially because I did all the work myself. Good thing is I kept it in the family and sold it to my rich uncle. There's a good chance it will be mine again someday.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update on the beautiful Bulgy blonde biggrin.png ; I've got a milled fsb secured, (even more old-school than the cast one she came with), and will have that installed shortly. She also came with the original Bulgarian military sling, (od green w/ brown leather and steel), and I recently picked up an unissued 47-type Bulgarian bayo with dark bakelite grip panels. Whichever communist slave assembled it back in the day did a good job:

ak47bayonet.jpg

Once everything's in place, (soon), I'll get some great new pics up, including pics of groups, (so far I've gotten ~1MOA at 50yrds, offhand). 000.gif

• Like 1