5.45x39 ammo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Picked up another tin Sunday at Fleet Farm for $139.99. They had a full shelf when I got mine. Best part is the last six tins I have gotten from them are all the same lot number. I don't think that there is many people shooting the 5.45 around here. I over heard some guys at my gun range talking buying an AR in 5.45 and they didn't know much about it. Guess thats good for me, I'll keep picking up tins.

• Like 2

I bought my last tin of 5.45 yesterday at $155 from Dan'sAmmo found on gun-deals. (they're out of stock now) They're about 2 hours away from me, and from what I can gather, not one of the "Big" retailers that are selling this ammo.

With shipping it came out to less than $175. I called first before I ordered to make sure it was in stock and the very nice young lady took the time to go and see if they had a tin to send my way.

It was shipped, and within 24 hours, at my door. I don't know how much better of a deal you could find.

+1 for Dan's.

Side note: These other vendors (not Dan's) that are preying on November panic make me sick, and it's made me very aware of who I wish to give my business to. I think it's a mixture of price gouging, and price fixing. Jack up the price, and make it standard. Again, what's Joe Blough really going to do about it?

My gut tells me that several of the big-name retailers are in cahoots. Notice how 5.45 has remained fairly consistant in price over the past 4 years? Then, mid-late summer, everybody's price for 5.45 shot up at the same time? Some may say it was because the "new shipment" everyone was waiting on was more expensive from the people over seas, but I just don't believe it.

Yes, it's capitalism, and that's great, but it's insulting to think we're too stupid to realize what they're doing. I do have to say though, for every gouger, there's one of us dead-set on thinking it'll be the last case of 5.45 they'll ever be able to buy. Stupidity is a vicious cycle..

And do you really think that Ivan in The Ukraine, or Russia is reaping the benefit of US Distributors gouging here, and able to put a little more food on his Russian Laminate table?

Dream on, Alice - that part's free. Ivan's happy to get rid of his 7N6.

Spam can's for $179+shipping?

Again, dream on. I ain't biting.

And yeah, I know it's still cheaper than 5.56 or 7.62x39 (even though that's not the point here), but I feel like I'm watching 2008 happen all over again with vendors jacking up prices because of Election panic. In July of 2008, I was buying Federal HST 147gr +P for $19.99 a box. December, it was up to $50 because O-Bung-Hole was supposedly going to "OUTLAW JHP AMMO" or some such shit.. And people were still BUYING IT. Stupidity.

It's BS. And I have enough 5.45 to last me. I will not be feeding the gougers.

I hope there are more like me.

My advice, if you have enough right now - don't buy any more and pleasantly sit on what you have.

If you find a good deal at a Mom&Pop place, buy up.

Rant over. Thanks for listening. anger.gif

Edited by MyGrassIsBlue05

I bought one at fleet farm for $139. Bennett hoping they'd go to $129 like last time I bought one but doesn't look likely

Fleet Farm unfortunately is (I believe) only located in 4 states. Right? I wish it were that easy where I am.

There are only a few real gun stores here, and none of them carry any 5.45x39, except the occasional box of Wolf 60gr that "somehow got in there" when the order was placed. I looked at Fleet Farm's website as well, and unfortunately the only "ammo" you can order are BB's. 021.gif

As long as I can get it for 139 at Fleet Farm I will continue to pick up a can now and then. As soon as it goes up I guess I'll stop buying. I have enough now to last me the rest of my life but I figure it's a good investment.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

You could try ammoman.com and see what he has. He usually has good prices and his posted prices are shipped to your door. Ammo still fluctuates, so you have to check regularly. Last time I checked, he had 3 option available for 5.45x39.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...