Saiga 5.45X39 PDW Project

Ive gone kinda bullpup crazy since dong my Kushnapup 410. Her are some pics of my 5.45 PDW. The idea was to get something as short as a Krink without sacrificing velocity and without the SBR hassles. Rifle measures 27 inches right now. Probably needs an AR flash hider that will add 1.5 inches. The rear sight mount is an AK scout mount and the front sight is mounted to a UTG shotgun barrel mount turned upside down and bolted to the gas tube.

Saiga545X39Bullpup001.jpg

Saiga545X39Bullpup003.jpg

Saiga545X39Bullpup002.jpg

• Like 2

Just curious, total invested?

Too much! New rifle $350, stock $290, probably a c note on sights and bases. The red dot and mount I had laying around. So call it $750. Maybe not to bad since my local AK builder wants $1700 for a Krink plus the $200 tax stamp. Only problem is, I still want an SBR!

NICE!!!! 032.gif

AND you kept the tangs... in case you wanna go back...

000.gif

Yepper! Thanks for the tip about cutting off 1 inch of the original stock and mounting it to the butt. Best use of old Saiga buttstocks yet!

that's probably the best use of the kushnapup i have seen so far, though i don't really like the sights, i'd go with a top rail and an eotech, but that's just because i like how it looks, i'm sure yours are perfectly functional

I was too cheap to buy the top rail! I had the scout mount, AR rear sight, red dot and mount in the parts bin. cool.png

I bought 4 Saiga rifles back when Centerfire systems had them for $299.

I got to shoot this thing over the weekend. My front sight was way to low. Backed out the post until it almost fell out and still shot 4 inches high at 50 yards. I didn't get to wring it out for accuracy, but just messing around I got 10 shot groups of 2 inches rapid fire at 50 yards.

Once i got her home, I used a roll pin to raise the front sight post 5/16 inch to get the alignment right. filed it thinner and silver soldered it on so I should be good to go.

I do like the handling on the weapon. It will probably be my truck and hunting cart gun for hogs and coyotes. Hogs are starting to run amock in west TX. Should be good training for the zombie apocalypse.