.22 shorts thru a Ruger MK3?

I've been using .22 short sub sonics to deal with backyard pests.

I've got an old bolt action rifle with a good scope on it and it is very effective.

However, there are those times when a pistol would be more discrete.

Could I shoot the shorts thru the Ruger MK3 pistol?

I no I would probably have to hand feed it and it won't cycle the action but would it safely fire the round?

Also, how would accuracy be effected?

I've fired .22 short through a Ruger pistol before. It definitely didn't cycle, and I have no idea if it's a good idea, but accuracy was surprisingly decent. That said, I would think .22 LR subsonics would be comparable in price, or cheaper.

I've fired .22 short through a Ruger pistol before. It definitely didn't cycle, and I have no idea if it's a good idea, but accuracy was surprisingly decent. That said, I would think .22 LR subsonics would be comparable in price, or cheaper.

I've got some .22 LR subsonics. They are not near as quite as the shorts but they will cycle the action.

I've got some .22 LR subsonics. They are not near as quite as the shorts but they will cycle the action.

Are sound suppressors legal in PA? :D

Are sound suppressors legal in PA? biggrin.png

Yes they are. And one of the new Ruger 22/45's with the rails and threaded barrel is on my wish list. Along with a suppressor.

However, the rabbits need to be dealt with now.anger.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I would be nervous after multiple shots of being 100% sure to clean it before using LR's again. I would think it would foul up into the chamber farther causing feeding, ftf, backfire issues... maybe I'm crazy, i just draw pictures on people for a living...

Yes they are. And one of the new Ruger 22/45's with the rails and threaded barrel is on my wish list. Along with a suppressor.

You can run standard bulk pack through your Ruger MK III pistol and they wont go supersonic. The barrel length is too short for a full powder burn. I have one of these pistols myself with a small red dot sight and love it. Once you get it doped in you will be amazed how accurate this little pistol is.

Here is mine with my SWR Spectre suppressor...SUPER

MKIIISuppressed.jpg

Enjoy when you get everything set up and post pics in the NFA section please big_smile.gif