Midwest Industries AK scope mount

Looks like you'll have to remove it every time you want to take the cover off, other than that it will get the benefit of the lower mount to reduce parallax in the scope since it'll be a little closer to inline with the bore. I just bought a cheap Chinese one, works fine and I don't have to take it off.

I had one for my Saiga. It is extremely well made and you don't have to remove it to take the dust cover off, but it is hard since it sits so low. I returned mine since it was a wee bit off center when mounted (too far over to the right), and I got a Molot mount instead. It was an awesome mount too, but I decided to ditch it for the more traditional irons on the AK. MI has outstanding customer service, so if you want to return or exchange, it isn't a problem. They are great quality too.

TG

I had one for my Saiga. It is extremely well made and you don't have to remove it to take the dust cover off, but it is hard since it sits so low. I returned mine since it was a wee bit off center when mounted (too far over to the right), and I got a Molot mount instead. It was an awesome mount too, but I decided to ditch it for the more traditional irons on the AK. MI has outstanding customer service, so if you want to return or exchange, it isn't a problem. They are great quality too.

TG

Where did you get the Molot mount?

Why would one buy this extra weight when the TWS rail cover is about the same price and offers intergrated duty?

Sorry, I forgot about the 'purist' thing.

Because this comes off quicker and easier than anything on the TWS, unless they also buy a QD mount.

Why would one buy this extra weight when the TWS rail cover is about the same price and offers intergrated duty?

Because this comes off quicker and easier than anything on the TWS, unless they also buy a QD mount.

If one can cowitness a q/d is really not necessary.

TG

Where did you get the Molot mount?

Kalinka Optics

TG

Unless you spider your glass of course. Not really

A problem on aimpoints but the trs25 I have on mine could benifit from QD someday

• Like 1

Unless you spider your glass of course. Not really

A problem on aimpoints but the trs25 I have on mine could benifit from QD someday

Bingo.

Glad someone gets it.