Found This Conglomeration of KABOOM Pics... Damn!

Almost 90% fall under reloads, bore obstructions/squibs, and guns with insufficient chamber support or guns modified and have lost chamber support.

The other 10% are from guns put together wrong, poor headspace, cheap parts, bad manufacturing/metalurgy, and poor mainteneance.

From Post #20

• Like 1

Ya, thats why I don't buy Wolf ammo for my .45 anymore. I had 3 out of 20rnds fall just a couple yards from the muzzle. Fortunately, its only a 3" barrel, not 5" like my S&W .357.

Damn scary sh!t there.

^ Yeah, my Mom has a P22 that she learned to shoot with last year, and loves it. I'm going to tell her to have the slide inspected a couple times per year. She has a few thousand rounds through it already.

I'm surprised by the number of P22s on there, glad I sold my jam-o-matic years ago.

Mine is not a jam-o-matic and has over 4k rounds through it. It eats anything including sub-sonics. I suspect these P22 kabooms were jam-o-matics that would only cycle hot loads and failed because that was the only thing run through them, plus the addition of the cans add to it.

Ya, thats why I don't buy Wolf ammo for my .45 anymore. I had 3 out of 20rnds fall just a couple yards from the muzzle. Fortunately, its only a 3" barrel, not 5" like my S&W .357.

Damn scary sh!t there.

I had a short recoil with Winchester 9mm FMJ and luckily noticed it when I got peppered with the unburned powder. It had enough burn to put the round 3/4 of the way through the barrel and cycle the next round. Scary shit indeed!

A lot of WTF moments there.

Man the baffle strikes and FA sectionals scare me.

I had a reg. NFA M2 carbine blow on me once but it was a reg. trigger pack ruined my safety glasses and blew the mag out of the gun.

We moved the trigger pack to another gun and fixed the 1st host gun. ( new barrel/mag catch)

KB's a G17 back in the 90's with lead. (still run the gun and still have the barrel as a reminder)

other than that it's been FUN & SAFE after 36 years.

P22's are know to crack slides

I do have one and hang a SWR spectre off of it. it's the newer P22 runs 100% with everything so I think it's fine.

Time will tell.

Man did you see that blown up ak!!!

Oh wait. That's right you didn't

Blind as bat what.gif

Post #7, about halfway down.

getuserimage.jpg

Thats a lot of blood, in this pic.

image009.jpg

image009.jpg

That could very well be a real Kaboom from an IED since that is the interior of a HMMWV with a blood stained seat. Also, all the other debris on the seat is an indicator. Nobody actually fires a rifle/carbine from within an uparmored Humvee running convoy ops, only the gunner in the turret so it didn't kaboom while firing IMO. That would be one hell of a malfunction to cut a fixed carry handle A2 upper in half like that. Normally, a kaboom on an AR travels the path of least resistance, through the magazine and mag well, then the ejection port. ETA: Look at how the seat back got fragged. Those are not cigarette burns.

Edited by MT Predator
  • Like 1

image009.jpg

That could very well be a real Kaboom from an IED since that is the interior of a HMMWV with a blood stained seat. Also, all the other debris on the seat is an indicator. Nobody actually fires a rifle/carbine from within an uparmored Humvee running convoy ops, only the gunner in the turret so it didn't kaboom while firing IMO. That would be one hell of a malfunction to cut a fixed carry handle A2 upper in half like that. Normally, a kaboom on an AR travels the path of least resistance, through the magazine and mag well, then the ejection port. ETA: Look at how the seat back got fragged. Those are not cigarette burns.

could be that MT or an EFP, or an Explosive Formed Penetrator.

EFP = IED. Just a more thought out charge to penetrate armor, (shape chage). The Hadjis were still using garage door openers and remote control toy controllers to detonate them until we started running Warlocks and other RF jamming gear on our convoys. Then they had to resort to hard wiring charges like they did in the early days of OIF. That is a good thing and a bad thing. Good, because IEDs are usually placed hastily and hiding firing wires is a bitch when in a hurry. Visible firing wires can be spotted while on a convoy. Bad because a hard wired firing system is more reliable than the ad-lib wireless setups that may not function when needed. Sorry for steering off course. I see lots of pics of so called kabooms where it is obvious a weapon or ammo malfunction did not cause it. An ammo related catastrophic failure is not going to melt down plastic components as illustrated in some of these images.

• Like 1

image009.jpg

That's exactly what I was thinking due to the evidence in the pic. No way in hell the pressure in 5.56 could do that. That is obviously from an external source.

This one almost looks fake haha.

image_738875.jpg

I think this one is my favorite, it remindes me of giant squid attack!

Seriously scary stuff though, that KB'd CZ52 was a wake up call. I had one malfunciton and noticed a crack in the frame, I had a lot of "experts" tell me it was no big deal. I kinda wish I had just trashed it/ parted it out or bought a new frame instead of selling it as is. (I sold it to a dealer and showed/told him about the frame)

Notice no Rugers either. And yeah, that AK still appears to be together. That's the beauty of our guns, they may be ugly and heavy, but they freaking work.

I saw 2 Rugers LCR and GP100. I was suprised to see 3 HK45's.

I own both of these models, lol.

-EnzNow

post-18211-0-40136300-1340102644_thumb.jpg

post-18211-0-63260000-1340102655_thumb.jpg

Edited by EnzNow