Figured it was time to post some pics. Last month, I started looking around for a 5.56 AR to replace my 6.8SPC with, as finding ammo locally was a bitch. Posted it on another forum I moderate on, and had a fellow mod hit me up in less than 5 minutes. 2 hours and a phone call later, the deal was done. What did I end up with?

Palmetto State Armory Midlength upper

Barrel length 16"

Hammer Forged Barrel

FN Machine Gun Steel barrel(same material as M240 and M249 barrels)

5.56 Nato Chamber

1 in 7" twist

Double-thick Chrome-lined bore and chamber per FN specs

A2 profile without GL cut

M4 feed ramps

Forged 7075-T6 A3 mil-spec upper

T-marks

Full auto bolt carrier with chrome lining

Carpenter 158 Bolt

Barrel/bolt/BCG HP and MP tested

I added the Magpul handguards, as he wanted to keep the FDE ones for his wife's gun. He did toss in a set of regular midlength handguards. The oldest picked the rear sight, and it's already been set for RIBZ(Revised Improved Battle Zero for 100 yd ranges). The red/green dot is a UTG 38mm CQB red/green 4MOA dot. The youngest affectionately calls it "Frankenrifle" because of the OD lower. The rest was a $1 yard sale find sure to come in real handy. Guy I got it from said his other PSA upper is an ammo whore, and digests whatever it's fed with the exception of South African surplus, which is noted for soft brass.

DSCF0237.jpg

Only the high-end PSA's get this treatment.

Palmettoemblem.jpg

The biggest sealer of the deal: The upper has ZERO rounds through it. When he sent it to me, it still had the factory dry lube on the BCG. Oldest wants to shoot it soooo bad, but knows I get to pop the cherry. Wife has already said this is her go-to gun, and still remembered "the drill" from her Air Force days. I told her I'm ordering a custom engraved dust cover later. On the outside it has "Molon Labe" in Greek, and when it flips open, "YOU'RE FUCKED!!"

Now if the effing rain will go away to where I can put it through the paces. grimace.gif

Edited by Lone Eagle
  • Like 2