vepr conversion....

not the best job but anyone that has never done this.....beware. there is a lot of shaving and filing of the stock so much that you almost think it's going to be hopeless. a lot of trial and error and loads of patience!! here is a pic...

k4awye.jpg

and here's my helper.....

1twr9t.jpg

How'd you mount the stock? I thought Vepr's were a slant cut receiver? nice job though, its looks great!

you can see if you look close a plastic triangle on the back of the receiver, but i too am interested in how it is mounted

the resolutution on the current monitor that im using sucks really bad and im not able to see it lol

How'd you mount the stock? I thought Vepr's were a slant cut receiver? nice job though, its looks great!

i used the receiver block from DPH Arms. it requires a lot filing and grinding to get it to match up with the slant cut, once you accomplish that then comes the stock. that's when things get pretty testy on your patience. imagine paying 50.00 plus bucks on a kvar stock then start cutting the shit out of it. took a while to complete had to walk away a few times to get my train of thought back. smile.png

you can see if you look close a plastic triangle on the back of the receiver, but i too am interested in how it is mounted

you have to cut a lot of plastic off of the mounting end of the kvar stock. the stock mount is reduced by i'd say as least 50% as it goes inside of the block adapter. you might think that there won't be enuff meat left on the stock but once you get it right and screwed in, it makes a very sturdy stock.

also the block adapter is held in with the pistol grip nut and with your normal 2 screws on top of the stock. thanks for the compliments....had me wondering for a while!!

Edited by adjc

not the best job but anyone that has never done this.....beware. there is a lot of shaving and filing of the stock so much that you almost think it's going to be hopeless. a lot of trial and error and loads of patience!! here is a pic...

k4awye.jpg

1twr9t.jpg

How do you like the Hogue hand guards? And who did you get the hand guard retainer from?

k4awye.jpg

1twr9t.jpg

How do you like the Hogue hand guards? And who did you get the hand guard retainer from?

there not too bad. used to have them on my 5.45 but went to kvar on it, had these in my parts bin thought i'd put them on this. they will take a little heat too (heat shield inside the lower) got the usual hogue feel....very comfortable when shooting quite a bit. the retainer come from dinzag, it's made of steel, little more higher quality can take some pretty good torque on the set screws.