CSS Buckshot Forestock

OK, A while back I posted a thread asking if any of you had any experience with the Carolina Shooters Supply "Buckshot" aluminum forearm stock. I got no replies, so I assume no one is using one or maybe even aware of their existance. I just bought one and put it on my .223 and here it is.........

post-474-0-40468100-1339853993_thumb.jpg

Yours looks good ! Makes a clean look.

I have the slotted version and it's great. I swear it tightened up the grouping on the gun. I guess I would have to attribute it to the second attachment point stiffening the barrel a bit.

I think they are a good looking product even if they are a bit heavy.

post-39512-0-44081800-1339855771_thumb.jpg

How does that CSS handguard mount? Does it interfere at all with removal of the gas tube? I wish they weren't SOOO much $, because they look fantastic!!

The back end mounts like the normal Saiga fore grip and the front mounts similar to a scope ring around the barrel. They do not interfere with the gas tube at all.

How does that CSS handguard mount? Does it interfere at all with removal of the gas tube? I wish they weren't SOOO much $, because they look fantastic!!

The back end mounts like the normal Saiga fore grip and the front mounts similar to a scope ring around the barrel. They do not interfere with the gas tube at all.

Cool! Thanks for the info! How does one attach a sling attachment to that handguard?

Cool! Thanks for the info! How does one attach a sling attachment to that handguard?

Brian, There are four holes in a row on the bottom that I assume could be for a Pic rail. I intend to use one of these and mount the original sling swivel. Missle Shooter, Did yours mount up to the barrel as advertised in the instruction? My barrel diameter was smaller than the clamp dia. The barrel stepped up to the correct size just aft of the original mounting hole in the forestock. I have access to a machine shop and so I picked up the next Pic rail hole (that I mentioned above) aft and put a counterbore in it. Problem solved. I'm guessing that there is variation amoungst barrels.

Pyzik, They are simply a lower forearm and utilize the original gas piston tube. You would still have to do something with the tube to facilitate mounting an ultimak.

Thanks, Captzeno. I know some lower handguards have to be modded a bit to work with an Ultimak and didn't know if it looked like that might be the case with these.

I do realize though that these that the ultimak replaces the gastube.

Pyzik, They are simply a lower forearm and utilize the original gas piston tube. You would still have to do something with the tube to facilitate mounting an ultimak.

Thanks, Captzeno. I know some lower handguards have to be modded a bit to work with an Ultimak and didn't know if it looked like that might be the case with these.

I do realize though that these that the ultimak replaces the gastube.

I don't think you would have a problem but, there might be a little trimming involved.
  • Like 1