Advice for dimpled FSB and _Best Way_ to remove

The "best" way is to drill out the dimples and press it off:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vK0ARvV9qE#t=5m25s

Dremeling the GB in half is the cheapest for most people...

Kinda disagree with this. I have a 20ton press, but decided to cut mine off becuase it took less time and setup. If you do not want to keep the blocks I see no downside to carefully cutting them off.

I use the same drill bit that comes with the bullet guide kit from CSS.

It drill the perfect size hole to remove the dimples. Simply drill into the dimple until you feel that you hit a 'bump', which will be the empty space between the end of the dimple and the bottom of the dimple on the barrel.

Do this carefully though cause if you go too fast you can possibly not feel the empty air pocket 'bump', and you can drill into the barrel that way. Also I'm not sure on this, but I think that sometimes the dimples on the FSB/GB can go deep enough to touch the bottom of the dimple on the barrel. In such a case, you will not feel the empty air pocket 'bump', increasing the risk of drilling into the barrel.

I have also once simply dremeled the pieces off. Simply dremel until you see a thin black line where you're cutting. That black line will be the paint on the barrel bellow the FSB/GB. Make sure to go slow since if you cut too fast you will just cut the paint off and you wont be able to tell when you reach the barrel.

Sometimes what I do is partially drill the dimples off and then cut a bit of the shroud off the FSB. Then chuck the gun into a hydraulic press and with some pennies on the barrel face press it down, effectively pressing the FSB off of the barrel. By drilling the dimples most of the way out, I make the metal in the dimples very very thin. This makes it bend outwards away from the dimple when I press it off.

Edited by Agent Lemon

I use the same drill bit that comes with the bullet guide kit from CSS.

It drill the perfect size hole to remove the dimples. Simply drill into the dimple until you feel that you hit a 'bump', which will be the empty space between the end of the dimple and the bottom of the dimple on the barrel.

Do this carefully though cause if you go too fast you can possibly not feel the empty air pocket 'bump', and you can drill into the barrel that way. Also I'm not sure on this, but I think that sometimes the dimples on the FSB/GB can go deep enough to touch the bottom of the dimple on the barrel. In such a case, you will not feel the empty air pocket 'bump', increasing the risk of drilling into the barrel.

I have also once simply dremeled the pieces off. Simply dremel until you see a thin black line where you're cutting. That black line will be the paint on the barrel bellow the FSB/GB. Make sure to go slow since if you cut too fast you will just cut the paint off and you wont be able to tell when you reach the barrel.

Sometimes what I do is partially drill the dimples off and then cut a bit of the shroud off the FSB. Then chuck the gun into a hydraulic press and with some pennies on the barrel face press it down, effectively pressing the FSB off of the barrel. By drilling the dimples most of the way out, I make the metal in the dimples very very thin. This makes it bend outwards away from the dimple when I press it off.

Good advice.