New small rail that mounts to the rear sight holder. Was I dreaming?

$50 for this is ridiculous. Im sorry. Its a three inch picatinny

It's a brand new design. Haven't held one, but I'm pretty sure it's a solid CNC piece or has mounting system that he makes. He had to design it, make it, get it professionally finished, then spend the time cataloging it as well as inventorying it.

Do you think we all just go to some machine like the replicators in Star Trek in our spare time, and we have side jobs where we make our real income?

What's with the sense of entitlement that leads you to knock everyone's products?

Sure, buy a piece of Pic & jerry-rig it to work so you can tell yourself you saved a buck, but some people would rather spend their time making money at what they're talented at, then buy something professionally done so their pride & joy isn't some jerry-rigged hack job.

Look into what it takes to develop concept, develop process, mass produce & launch a new product.

Can you do it for that product & sell it for less than $50.00?

Seriously, think about it. This attitude is what's lead to the destruction of our economy.

People feel they're entitled to something for nothing, then feel disdain for those trying to bring stuff to market for a price that will cover their costs... Then, when people move production to China to satisfy the cheap people, there goes more US Jobs, our GDP falls and trade deficit rises, people default on debt because McDonalds doesn't pay as well an manufacturing, so the privately owned FED, not willing to accept the losses from the money they created out of thin air for loans which are being defaulted on, kicks in another round of quantitative easing which drops the value of the dollar further, inevitably leading to inflation, so now their dollar's worth-less, so they're paying the same for the cheap Chinese shit that's made by their enemy and their whole quality of life has dropped until the dollar fails completely and they actually have to use the jerry-rigged POS to defend themselves & families from thugs who will do anything to survive...

All from an initial sense of entitlement & selling out for temporary gains.

Personally I think it's bad-ass.

It puts an optic right where you need it, and you don't have to mill down, then drill & tap the gas block to mount a rail there like we had to do with another rail that utilized the dovetail.

Well thats what makes this country great, passing on the savings to the consumer. I'm sorry I think most consumers can give a shit how much its costs Ford to build a Mustang, they just gauge what they think its worth based on features. I think $50.00 is ridiculous for that piece, $30.00 would be more appropriate. Quite honestly for what it would cost for a tri-rail and this piece you can buy a Chaos quad rail that would serve both purposes and probably save $30.00. Just my humble opinion.

If 20 bucks is that big of a deal you should probably just get a Mossberg Maverick... I mean gawd, your hand is already there and all, is it really worth several hundred dollars to not have to move your hand back and forth?

The amount of work needed to install, the ability to strip and clean with out removing the mount and the weight saved from even a side mount, not to mention the weight from the miles of unused Chaos rails, is all well worth $20 to me.

$50 for this is ridiculous. Im sorry. Its a three inch picatinny

It's a brand new design. Haven't held one, but I'm pretty sure it's a solid CNC piece or has mounting system that he makes. He had to design it, make it, get it professionally finished, then spend the time cataloging it as well as inventorying it.

Do you think we all just go to some machine like the replicators in Star Trek in our spare time, and we have side jobs where we make our real income?

What's with the sense of entitlement that leads you to knock everyone's products?

Sure, buy a piece of Pic & jerry-rig it to work so you can tell yourself you saved a buck, but some people would rather spend their time making money at what they're talented at, then buy something professionally done so their pride & joy isn't some jerry-rigged hack job.

Look into what it takes to develop concept, develop process, mass produce & launch a new product.

Can you do it for that product & sell it for less than $50.00?

Seriously, think about it. This attitude is what's lead to the destruction of our economy.

People feel they're entitled to something for nothing, then feel disdain for those trying to bring stuff to market for a price that will cover their costs... Then, when people move production to China to satisfy the cheap people, there goes more US Jobs, our GDP falls and trade deficit rises, people default on debt because McDonalds doesn't pay as well an manufacturing, so the privately owned FED, not willing to accept the losses from the money they created out of thin air for loans which are being defaulted on, kicks in another round of quantitative easing which drops the value of the dollar further, inevitably leading to inflation, so now their dollar's worth-less, so they're paying the same for the cheap Chinese shit that's made by their enemy and their whole quality of life has dropped until the dollar fails completely and they actually have to use the jerry-rigged POS to defend themselves & families from thugs who will do anything to survive...

All from an initial sense of entitlement & selling out for temporary gains.

Personally I think it's bad-ass.

It puts an optic right where you need it, and you don't have to mill down, then drill & tap the gas block to mount a rail there like we had to do with another rail that utilized the dovetail.

I couldn't agree more with what Pauly said.

Bob, the United States was built on free enterprise. You are NOT entitled to be personally offended by a price someone is charging for their product. I, like Pauly and CSS, have my own business. Some people are shocked about my fees and select others think I am a TRUE bargain and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I am VERY new to this forum but it became VERY apparent to me CSS has contributed in countless ways (as well as other suppliers) to this forum and the Saiga 12 platform. When I recently ordered parts, after receiving a massive amount of wisdom this forum has provided me, I ordered from CSS and the online store in this site to help contribute back to them paying homage of some loyalty. Yes, I could have found parts cheaper somewhere else but that is not that point.

Your comment about a $30 price is low class and shows even less tact that you posted it. The next time you need to spout off a frustration like an upset 5 year old, think about whether your comment has any real value or integrity inside your communication. If not, be mature and keep it to yourself.

For the record, this is not about CSS or the part. This is about the principle. You could have replaced your comment with a different contributor/supplier and I would have typed the same reply.

Edited by pjd393
  • 6 months later...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="CarolinaSS" data-cid="778777" data-time="1340056232"><p>

They will be in stock and shipping on Wed.</p></blockquote>

cant get on ur site.. is this still available??

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="CarolinaSS" data-cid="778777" data-time="1340056232"><p>

They will be in stock and shipping on Wed.</p></blockquote>

cant get on ur site.. is this still available??

His website will be back up and running tomorrow. You should be able to check availability then.

• 1 month later...
So how does the CSS small rail attach to the Sagia 12. Is it welded ? Drill and Tap ? Clamps ? There aren't any instructions on the website. And I can't tell from the picture.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-1524/CSS-Saiga--Shotgun/Detail

You knock the factory sight out of the dovetail. Then you knock in the CSS base for the rail. The CSS base has a set screw to hold the base in the dovetail(I donlt think it would move without the set screw). And in this base there are two additional threaded holes. The picatinny rail then sits on top of the base and is bolted to the base with two screws.

The longer version goes on the same but has two set screws at the ends to prevent flexing.

If I could change anything it would be to use a single screw on the outboard rather than two screws. It is hard to get both screws tightened to the same degree. If I take it off again for any reason I will be adding a single screw and do away with the twin screws to prevent flex.

I have a Kushnapup so I had to use a riser to get my FastFire to the right height. For a standard gun mounting the optic directly to the CSS rail should be perfect for most people. I mounted a FastFire, with a riser, at the rear of the long rail then I mounted a pistol laser, without a riser, in front of it. It works perfectly.

CSS is a great company and I have spent a lot of money with them in the last few years.

Dolomite

• 2 years later...

I'd start with blue or green loctite. If that wasn't working, then red, and if that didn't work, silver.

Also remove the set screws from the block and clean the set screw and the tapped hole in the block with solvent or alcohol . Allow to dry before applying Loctite. Let the gun sit for a few hours after tightening the set screw into the dovetail.  Good Luck! 

• Like 1