New small rail that mounts to the rear sight holder. Was I dreaming?

Hi,

I’m not sure if I was drunk or dreaming when I saw a post sometime ago that there will be a small rail that could be mounted in place of saiga-12 rear sight.

I swear I even remember somebody posted a picture… Was this for real or I’m loosing it?

That CSS one is cool, but it doesn't integrate with an AK style upper handguard, if you want to do something like that. That's why I like JMAC's non-available one better.

upperhandguardandlowerretainerwithr.jpg

Yea, that JMAC rail is never going to happen. I even found him a machinist willing to work with him. Had the guy sign an NDA and then nothing. It is a great design though....

$50 for this is ridiculous. Im sorry. Its a three inch picatinny

looking forward to you making, marketing, and selling one for $20.

i'll do mine for free since i have a bridgeport, but i'm sure others would appreciate it.

• Like 1

It's a brand new design. Haven't held one, but I'm pretty sure it's a solid CNC piece or has mounting system that he makes. He had to design it, make it, get it professionally finished, then spend the time cataloging it as well as inventorying it.

Do you think we all just go to some machine like the replicators in Star Trek in our spare time, and we have side jobs where we make our real income?

What's with the sense of entitlement that leads you to knock everyone's products?

Sure, buy a piece of Pic & jerry-rig it to work so you can tell yourself you saved a buck, but some people would rather spend their time making money at what they're talented at, then buy something professionally done so their pride & joy isn't some jerry-rigged hack job.

Look into what it takes to develop concept, develop process, mass produce & launch a new product.

Can you do it for that product & sell it for less than $50.00?

Seriously, think about it. This attitude is what's lead to the destruction of our economy.

People feel they're entitled to something for nothing, then feel disdain for those trying to bring stuff to market for a price that will cover their costs... Then, when people move production to China to satisfy the cheap people, there goes more US Jobs, our GDP falls and trade deficit rises, people default on debt because McDonalds doesn't pay as well an manufacturing, so the privately owned FED, not willing to accept the losses from the money they created out of thin air for loans which are being defaulted on, kicks in another round of quantitative easing which drops the value of the dollar further, inevitably leading to inflation, so now their dollar's worth-less, so they're paying the same for the cheap Chinese shit that's made by their enemy and their whole quality of life has dropped until the dollar fails completely and they actually have to use the jerry-rigged POS to defend themselves & families from thugs who will do anything to survive...

All from an initial sense of entitlement & selling out for temporary gains.

Personally I think it's bad-ass.

It puts an optic right where you need it, and you don't have to mill down, then drill & tap the gas block to mount a rail there like we had to do with another rail that utilized the dovetail.

• Like 5

I have the original and the one modified for the KPUP... let me tell ya this... It is NOT some cob-job unit... It is VERY well designed, and fabricated.

The insert has to be machined, drilled and tapped. The rail has to be machined, drilled and countersunk. He supplies all the hardware and tools to mount it.

It mounts rock solid to the rear sight dovetail. It is a NICE piece of equipment... and to be honest... with what the value of a dollar buys you these days... $50.00 isnt really all that out of sight for what it allows you to do, as easily as it allows it to be done!!!!

I wanted a FULL LENGTH rail from rear dovetail to the front of the gas tube... I spent 15 bucks on a 1 foot chunk of rail alone... then it was another 3 hours of Dremel-Fu fabrication. Trial, error, refitting, re-tweaking... mess, and more mess. had to drill out the gas tube, tap and thread it... then mess with the screw to get it EXACTLY the proper length so it would NOT pop through the wall of the gas tube... had to machine the washer to fit inside the cut away part I had to precisely machine as well...

It was 3 hours of messing around that the CSS rail ( if you have the holosight ) can accomplish in about 3 minutes. Whats YOUR time worth?!?!?

The CSS rail is QUICK, SIMPLE, and RUGGED! and it WORKS !! :up:

000.gif

They are in stock and ready to ship. We have spent around 6 months with the design and redesign and have taken it one step farther than the one Indy has by making sure it will not move with 3" shell recoil.

• Like 1

Greg (CarolinaSS)

Thank you for the heads up, just ordered mine and can't wait to get it. From what I read that Indy said and his reviews I trust him and y'all explicitly on this. Something that is good quality that I can do myself with the skills I have and tooling available to me. This is the last piece I needed to complete the shotgun for me as I already got a red/dot laser combo sight.

Woo Hoo!

Mike.

Sights on a shotgun = tits on a bull.

Pretty much the truth... but some people actually want to know where a slug is going to hit when they shoot it... I know... mavericks!! what ya gonna do?!?!? LOL :up:

:smoke:

Sights on a shotgun = tits on a bull.

Well, for a home defense purposes, I got this: http://centerfiresystems.com/SCO-COBRA.aspx and since it includes a laser, I need to have a way to mount it. I know with a shotgun you can just point and shoot in the general direction, but I don't really want to blast my house to pieces! :-) The sight rail from Carolina Shooting Supplies seems to be the easiest way and method to solve the issue. On the plus side, I can also mount this sight on my AK if I want to, though I have a scope with laser for that weapon.

Indy, again, thanks for your reviews, they have been extremely useful. I'll post a pic of the final product once it is done with this.

Mike

Edited by mavidal

Im curious how this will co-witness with HK sights welded on. I guess it would depend on the sight.

I dunno man, I'd think trying to co-witness with that rotating drum in the sight picture seems kinda mute...ya sure you don't just want a side mount with a quick detatch?

It's a brand new design. Haven't held one, but I'm pretty sure it's a solid CNC piece or has mounting system that he makes. He had to design it, make it, get it professionally finished, then spend the time cataloging it as well as inventorying it.

Do you think we all just go to some machine like the replicators in Star Trek in our spare time, and we have side jobs where we make our real income?

What's with the sense of entitlement that leads you to knock everyone's products?

Sure, buy a piece of Pic & jerry-rig it to work so you can tell yourself you saved a buck, but some people would rather spend their time making money at what they're talented at, then buy something professionally done so their pride & joy isn't some jerry-rigged hack job.

Look into what it takes to develop concept, develop process, mass produce & launch a new product.

Can you do it for that product & sell it for less than $50.00?

Seriously, think about it. This attitude is what's lead to the destruction of our economy.

People feel they're entitled to something for nothing, then feel disdain for those trying to bring stuff to market for a price that will cover their costs... Then, when people move production to China to satisfy the cheap people, there goes more US Jobs, our GDP falls and trade deficit rises, people default on debt because McDonalds doesn't pay as well an manufacturing, so the privately owned FED, not willing to accept the losses from the money they created out of thin air for loans which are being defaulted on, kicks in another round of quantitative easing which drops the value of the dollar further, inevitably leading to inflation, so now their dollar's worth-less, so they're paying the same for the cheap Chinese shit that's made by their enemy and their whole quality of life has dropped until the dollar fails completely and they actually have to use the jerry-rigged POS to defend themselves & families from thugs who will do anything to survive...

All from an initial sense of entitlement & selling out for temporary gains.

Personally I think it's bad-ass.

It puts an optic right where you need it, and you don't have to mill down, then drill & tap the gas block to mount a rail there like we had to do with another rail that utilized the dovetail.

Well thats what makes this country great, passing on the savings to the consumer. I'm sorry I think most consumers can give a shit how much its costs Ford to build a Mustang, they just gauge what they think its worth based on features. I think $50.00 is ridiculous for that piece, $30.00 would be more appropriate. Quite honestly for what it would cost for a tri-rail and this piece you can buy a Chaos quad rail that would serve both purposes and probably save $30.00. Just my humble opinion.

. I think $50.00 is ridiculous for that piece, $30.00 would be more appropriate.

Bless your heart.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

If you can produce one for $30.00 including materials, special tools and your current or last hourly wage for the time it takes you and have it be cleanly worked, soundly engineered, solid, and professionally finished, please do by all means write up a tutorial and enlighten the rest of us to the process.

I have a mill & couldn't design, knock one out & finish it for $50.00 in the time alone. However, I could order this one tomorrow and have it yesterday, because Greg's just psychic like that & seems to ship a day or two before you order.

Unfortunately some don't like quads on scatterguns. Especially competition shooters who want them light, fast & simple, and people who use the weapons in their duties who don't want to have to shoulder the extra weight while they hold suspects at gunpoint while waiting for backup for 30 minuets, etc...

That being said, I used to knock optics on the S-12. But then I chased buckets down a dirt road with an EoTec 552 & MD-20s.

Red dot or Holographic sights, do provide some advantage with regards to speed.

To each their own. :beer:

. I think $50.00 is ridiculous for that piece, $30.00 would be more appropriate.

Bless your heart.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

If you can produce one for $30.00 including materials, special tools and your current or last hourly wage for the time it takes you and have it be cleanly worked, soundly engineered, solid, and professionally finished, please do by all means write up a tutorial and enlighten the rest of us to the process.

I have a mill & couldn't design, knock one out & finish it for $50.00 in the time alone. However, I could order this one tomorrow and have it yesterday, because Greg's just psychic like that & seems to ship a day or two before you order.

Unfortunately some don't like quads on scatterguns. Especially competition shooters who want them light, fast & simple, and people who use the weapons in their duties who don't want to have to shoulder the extra weight while they hold suspects at gunpoint while waiting for backup for 30 minuets, etc...

That being said, I used to knock optics on the S-12. But then I chased buckets down a dirt road with an EoTec 552 & MD-20s.

Red dot or Holographic sights, do provide some advantage with regards to speed.

To each their own. beer.gif

Ironically enough I really like this mount and I will probably buy one....for $50.00.