Actually, if you slice it, cook it, and use a bit of mustard on your bread, it's very palatable. To me anyway.

I'm no bug-out/prepper/whatever expert but I understand high calories not in the form of refined sugar is a good thing. I've got Treet and Turkey Spam in my BO "bucket" along with the packets of tuna (for protein) and jerky...but again, I'm no expert. Oh, and I left out cost. Not that you should always get out for cheap with nutrition but a lot of the gourmet survival food I've seen is expensive. I'll buy Spam and get more bullets with what's left over. But that's just me.

Edited by Squishy
  • Like 2

I will eat my old dog befor anotber cannof spam. Got stuck in the woods once and ate it for three days. Pretty messed up from it. Think I was tripping from it.

haha.gif

Damn it Man, I just passed coffie out my nose.

ETA: I can eat Spam, bit like tuna better.

Edited by RED333
  • Like 2

I will eat my old dog befor anotber cannof spam. Got stuck in the woods once and ate it for three days. Pretty messed up from it. Think I was tripping from it.

That was from those mushrooms you ate with it.
  • Like 2

Im not too big on spam, i would probably carry it or some other canned meat product.

This reminds me i need to make a bug out bag, its something i have been meaning to build for a while now.

Here in seattle there is a anual spam carving contest. :)

Spam is alright,

Me im stocking up on the smoke flavored variety of Vienna sausages. I dont like the regular ones at all but the smoked ones are good as hell!!

Vienna wienies are awesome! A couple of those (again, with mustard, go figure) in a piece of bread and you're good to go. You obviously have a refined palate, preferring smoked over regular. Only problem is, you always have 1 left over. Dare I mention potted meat?

haha.gif

Damn it Man, I just passed coffie out my nose.

ETA: I can eat Spam, bit like tuna better.

Tuna is another excellent source of nutrition. It makes stale crackers taste fresh and crunchy. Only problem is, you have to buy the premium tuna in order to avoid the pureed crap that consists of bone, scales, cigarette butts, and whatever else they scoop off the floor. I recommend getting it in oil instead of water because it tastes better and is a bit more filling.

Can anyone tell I was poor once? 021.gif

Edited by TacticoolTim
  • Like 1

Absolutely. I like to start by cutting it into 1/2" "fingers" (3 long cuts and about 5 short cuts). Then coat that with hot sauce, your MRE beverage base powder and/or your MRE jelly. Place in coals until you have a nice glaze on the bottom and sides. Don't cook it too hot as the plastic coating on the inside of the can will bake into your yummy deliciousness. Better than any Christmas ham I have ever had.

P1010988.jpg

• Like 1

Is that a giant dead spider on the left side of the picture sunny?

No. Just some burnt brush. We were in the middle of some God forsaken piece of dirt in California. Our camp had been over run by fire the day before. We barely had time to move our valuables and the gear for another crew that was pinched off. The water and rats all burned up. Here's a photo of my guys schlepping the gear in into the safety zone...

P1010944.jpg

Hmmm, not sure why this come up landscape???

Edited by sunnybean

Don't forget the Bacon Spam!

And yes, there are knockoff Spam's out there, some are quite good, others not. The Walmart and Aldi's is ok. I like to slice it about 1/4" thick and then fry it in some butter till it browns then slap it on toast, great for breakfast, or cut up in little chunks into scrambled eggs. Also fry up some slices and have that along with fried taters. yeah buddy...

I lost most of my taste buds back in the late 70's early 80s when we still got issued C rations. Used to take the cracker can, cut slots around the top of it then fill it about half full of dirt, moisten the dirt with MOGAS and light it, you could heat up a whole squads main courses over it before it burned out. Good stuff.

I love spam. When I was a kid we had spam alot (looking back that was probably all Mom and Dad could afford at the time). So I hated spam. As an adult I tried it again and I found that I love it. My kids love it also. We have a few cases stored in the pantry.

Spam is alright,

Me im stocking up on the smoke flavored variety of Vienna sausages. I dont like the regular ones at all but the smoked ones are good as hell!!

Since they quit making the Hot and Spicy, I tried the Smoked ones and you are right, they are great!!

ALSO fried Spam OR Treat sammiches (as we call them here in the south) are great, especially with fried egg and mater!!

Edited by unclejake