A little better accuracy?

I would like to squeeze a little more accuracy out of my S308 and I was wondering about a 2 stage trigger because that's where I move I think throwing off my shot. I was wondering what is the best 2 stage trigger for the S308?

Lots of things you can try. Probably the first is different ammo. If that does not work, consider handloading. You may have to cast/swage your chamber/bore to see what you have. Consider AFTER DOING soosss going to swagged .309 or even .310 bullets. Handloading helps.

Fixing the trigger you have already asked about and good answers already given and thank you.

The factory iron sites suck. Amazine we can hit anything using them. My eyes are old. My Saigas now have Eoteck sites....the .308, the .308 specific model...the S12 the standard circle/point Eoteck. Both use the existing receiver side mounts and a good scope mount/rail.

Try some bench rest shooting with the gun very tight against sand bags. This elimates the human factor as much as possible. My .308 Saiga 16.3' bbl shoots inside 1.5' at 100 yards with Lake City special 168gr. match ball ammo...WITH THE EOTECK. HB of CJ (old coot)

I took my S308 to the range as was shooting MFS 140gr and a box or core lokt 150gr and after sighting it in from 18 rounds, all one after the other on "dirty bird" targets in the 1" bulls eye I got 2 touching, the ring outside the bulls eye I got 8, in the 9 ring I got 6 and on the 8 ring I got 1. And the other 2 were used to sight in.

So 18 in a 6" circle is good, just on a bipod, and a NcStar 3-9x40 scope.

A new crown seems like a good way to squeeze some more accuracy out of a fairly maximized system, but a muzzle brake is probably as likely to be detrimental as it is to be helpful and more likely to be completely neutral on a Saiga.

a muzzle brake is probably as likely to be detrimental as it is to be helpful and more likely to be completely neutral on a Saiga.

Man I think you need to shoot a 308 with a brake, there is a heck of difference in control. The pix I added are of a 100 yard target shooting 168 gr Sierra Match Kings with 42 grains of Varget. The brake in the second photo is the AK74 type from Dinzag I have since machined another type of brake that works even better.

post-29975-0-91083300-1342154074_thumb.jpg

post-29975-0-25076700-1342154122_thumb.jpg

I've a Spike's DynaComp on mine. The accuracy has not changed, and I really don't shoot it quickly enough to see shot-to-shot time differences.

Dang good shooting you've got there, though! Even with pretty good ammo, I'm lucky to keep all five shots under two inches.

168gr?! Damn, I can't shoot nothing over 150 to get anything that doesn't look like I shot it with my shotgun.

Yeah, it's been said Saiga 308's prefer lighter bullets. Guess some of them will stabilize the heavier ones though.