• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Brian M1

Brian M1

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:20 AM

Just saw these online and they look like they'd be fantastic with SGM/Surefire 223 mags! The extra room of only putting ONE mag in each pouch would be great for the fat/ribbed SGM 223 mags, as these mags don't stack due to the horizontal ribs. Has anyone tried these with SGM 223 mags yet? This pouch looks like a steal at that cost (if you get other stuff to justify the ridiculous shipping/handling CTD charges)!
I was even thinking they could also be attached to the outside of a backpack with simple carabiner clips.
Anyone use (or have experience with) these?

Here's the link:
http://www.cheaperth...product/ZAA-023

#2 DrThunder88

DrThunder88

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:50 AM

I have one for Uzi mags, and it does require that the pouch itself be attached to something in order to be useful. Depending on how tight the mags fit, yanking one can bring the whole shebang along with it.

#3 mossb

mossb

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

I have the Ace for 4 Saiga 12 AGP 10-rounders and like it. Well made but huge loud velcro if that's a concern.

http://acecase.com/m...iga-4-pack.html

Just ordered this for 223. Won't arrive for a few weeks.

http://www.strikehar...st-rig/#reviews

#4 Matthew Hopkins

Matthew Hopkins

Citizen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

The extra room of only putting ONE mag in each pouch would be great for the fat/ribbed SGM 223 mags,

IMO, no it wouldn't. you're thinking of buying that thing for 13 bucks plus shipping just for holding 3 mags? you would be much better off buying a 200 round S.A.W. pouch, those can had for around 10 bucks or a lot less, the one on E-BAY is for 6 bucks, do a search "200 round S.A.W. pouch" even if shipping is 6 bucks that's 12 bucks which is a whole lot cheaper then buying a 3 mag pouch without shipping.

I can fit 7 surplus 5.45 mags in mine and you can probably put 6 AGP in them, even if you can only fit 5 that's 2 more mags then what that ACE one will hold, and for a whole lot cheaper

Edited by Matthew Hopkins, 23 June 2012 - 07:24 PM.

#5 Brian M1

Brian M1

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:24 PM

The extra room of only putting ONE mag in each pouch would be great for the fat/ribbed SGM 223 mags,

IMO, no it wouldn't. you're thinking of buying that thing for 13 bucks plus shipping just for holding 3 mags? you would be much better off buying a 200 round S.A.W. pouch, those can had for around 10 bucks, and you can probably put 6 mags in them. I can fit either a 20 round drum in mine, or 7 - 5.45 mags

The Ace Case pouch holds 6 AK mags (or 12 AR mags), so even with only one per pouch (their are 3 on both sides), it would be 6 SGM mags. The dilema with SGM mags is they cannot be stacked into a pouch together. The horizontal ribs are so pronounced that they "catch" on each other and do not permit a single mag draw (unlike other smoother mags). SGM mags are better off in individual pouches due to such.

#6 Brian M1

Brian M1

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:06 AM

I ordered one and will do a review of it as soon as I get it (I only have SGM mags, so that's what the review will be with).

#7 jng518

jng518

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:59 AM

check ebay one person is selling "German Army Grenade Pouch" for $5.00 + $4.00 shipping.
I holds 3 10 rd clips. Look at "kevin39" as the seller.

#8 captzeno

captzeno

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:13 AM

I have two of these. One for my Bulgarian circle 10 thirty rounders and one for AR mags.I also have one of the eight mag 9mm stick mag pouches for my Sterling. I like them all...............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users