Ace Case shoulder mag pouch?

Just saw these online and they look like they'd be fantastic with SGM/Surefire 223 mags! The extra room of only putting ONE mag in each pouch would be great for the fat/ribbed SGM 223 mags, as these mags don't stack due to the horizontal ribs. Has anyone tried these with SGM 223 mags yet? This pouch looks like a steal at that cost (if you get other stuff to justify the ridiculous shipping/handling CTD charges)!

I was even thinking they could also be attached to the outside of a backpack with simple carabiner clips.

Anyone use (or have experience with) these?

Here's the link:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/ZAA-023

The extra room of only putting ONE mag in each pouch would be great for the fat/ribbed SGM 223 mags,

IMO, no it wouldn't. you're thinking of buying that thing for 13 bucks plus shipping just for holding 3 mags? you would be much better off buying a 200 round S.A.W. pouch, those can had for around 10 bucks or a lot less, the one on E-BAY is for 6 bucks, do a search "200 round S.A.W. pouch" even if shipping is 6 bucks that's 12 bucks which is a whole lot cheaper then buying a 3 mag pouch without shipping.

I can fit 7 surplus 5.45 mags in mine and you can probably put 6 AGP in them, even if you can only fit 5 that's 2 more mags then what that ACE one will hold, and for a whole lot cheaper

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

The extra room of only putting ONE mag in each pouch would be great for the fat/ribbed SGM 223 mags,

IMO, no it wouldn't. you're thinking of buying that thing for 13 bucks plus shipping just for holding 3 mags? you would be much better off buying a 200 round S.A.W. pouch, those can had for around 10 bucks, and you can probably put 6 mags in them. I can fit either a 20 round drum in mine, or 7 - 5.45 mags

The Ace Case pouch holds 6 AK mags (or 12 AR mags), so even with only one per pouch (their are 3 on both sides), it would be 6 SGM mags. The dilema with SGM mags is they cannot be stacked into a pouch together. The horizontal ribs are so pronounced that they "catch" on each other and do not permit a single mag draw (unlike other smoother mags). SGM mags are better off in individual pouches due to such.