I'm ready to buy a new rifle and want something compact. I have been looking into getting a polish underfolder. Yet I am uncertain of the build quality of these parts kits for the underfolders. Is this polish made underfolder at all comparible to the quality of this arsenal built side folder?

I just would rather take the more practicle and better built rifle. Any wisdom from you ak owners would be greatly appreciated. Whats the best buy for a compact rifle?

I just picked up a Polish Tantal stock. It's rock solid, and probably more so than the underfolder, although I've never handled an underfolder personally. The sidefolders just look like they're heavier built.

Of those options, absolutely get the SLR. The 107CRs are great guns. You'll be happy you spent the extra $$$.

As to the stocks, it's more about the check weld. I think most folks would agree that the side folders are more comfortable. That said, my next SBR build will be a M85 Yugo underfolder (the M92 needs a little brother).

Tantal is nice,but Yugo M70B2 is tuff as T34 and its 7.62, get a kit , they stil around , 1.5 mm flat from AK builder and build it yourself

IMG_6061.jpg

IMG_6124.jpg

IMG_6238.jpg

stay away from the virgin kits , much more work

Edited by atakacorp
  • Like 1