conversion issue...kinda need help w/ a problem or ideas.

so i recently converted my saiga. will get straight to the point, my second 7.62 even made my own bullet guide this time. everything worked good EXCEPT*** i bought these things off ebay to retain the pins. i hanged on to everything as i bought a tapco g2 hammer and trigger and dropped that in there but whatever you call the thing i put a picture up on here i am useing in a different saiga, works good i got it from danzing but what i dont get is it looks just the same except mayyyybe just slightly thicker and it holds the front hammer pin in place but .....the damn trigger pin fell out almost after every other shot what do i do?! i think i can reuse the springs that were originally in there i hung on to retain the pins right? if anyone knows how to or a tuturial on this it'd be much much appreciated!

Im not being a grammar nazi at all. I am the last one on these forums to type properly in every single post.

But you could attempt to try and make it half way logical.

No I could not finish reading it or understand what you are asking. The entire thing is a giant blabber of one huge run on sentence.

• Like 1

OK, I too had a hard time reading the OPs post, but I think I get what he's asking now. That's a picture of a AK retaining plate; it's a better option than the traditional shepherd's crook, although both are used to retain the FCG pins.

There are two types of retaining plates: one for the Saiga AK rifles and the other for the Saiga S12. The problem observed could easily happen if the OP bought one meant for the other, especially if purchased off eBay.

Edited by modrisco

I just rebent the factory spring

id be interested in how you did this highly. and would appreciate it man, see i used the so called....retaining plate and i think it was even advertised as a shepards crook...idk. but i just found out i have these things called hitch pin clips to so..ethier way some way or another im going to figure this out. alittle help goes along way. but obviously the plates i bought off ebay are trash. the one i got from dinzag worked flawlessly though on both hammer and trigger pins unlike this on working on a single pin......

I just rebent the factory spring

id be interested in how you did this highly. and would appreciate it man, see i used the so called....retaining plate and i think it was even advertised as a shepards crook...idk. but i just found out i have these things called hitch pin clips to so..ethier way some way or another im going to figure this out. alittle help goes along way. but obviously the plates i bought off ebay are trash. the one i got from dinzag worked flawlessly though on both hammer and trigger pins unlike this on working on a single pin......

all I did was take the spring and cut it to where it has 3/4 curl on the saifty lever then it goes under the trigger pin and over the hammer pin. has worked for a lot of rounds so far. cheap and simple.

• Like 1

haha well...i feel really really stupied guys. i was in such a rush i seemed to have overlooked this for a second time...well there is a little notch or i guess flanges on the axis pins. come to find out that the rear part of my retainer plate was on the bar of the axis pin and not between the notches. anywho i have 2 of those springs, and 3 hitch pins :) so i should be good on those things for later...if i could only get this freakin upper handguard off of my bulgy gas tube without breaking the cheap pos wood o well.

thanks for the new idea though i will use this other method you taught me today sometime. i found a diagram for how to make it on another persons post.

Im not being a grammar nazi at all. I am the last one on these forums to type properly in every single post.

But you could attempt to try and make it half way logical.

No I could not finish reading it or understand what you are asking. The entire thing is a giant blabber of one huge run on sentence.

Sorry, but I agree with this. The OP is difficult to make sense of

I didn't have a huge problem reading or understanding it, but then I've been on the internet since Al Gore invented it, survived the chat rooms of the early years, and have three teen children who like to speak in "text" so I may have a broader range of experience at it.000.gif

I also found the OP very difficult to follow. The picture helped to know what you were talking about though.

I had a problem with a retaining clip from CSS. I ended up putting one of the original rivet pins back in after tapping (threading) it on the end. Then I used a screw to hold it in with the original spring. Here's the thread. How it helps. After painting it black it looks fine.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/75568-css-retaining-plate-fit/

I also found the OP very difficult to follow. The picture helped to know what you were talking about though.

I had a problem with a retaining clip from CSS. I ended up putting one of the original rivet pins back in after tapping (threading) it on the end. Then I used a screw to hold it in with the original spring. Here's the thread. How it helps. After painting it black it looks fine.

http://forum.saiga-1...ning-plate-fit/

once i got to looking at it and realized there was a notch where it was suposed to go inbetween it hit me.

it cant be just anywhere on those pins to hold it in place , but inbetween those notches/flanges.

once i realized that WOW i realized just how many things i Had/ Have that fit in there and do just the same thing perfect, but i decided to leave this little plate steel piece in there and its doing fine thanks,

Derek..