going to full auto

what a joke of a website, right off the bat they start with the myth about the atf being able to come into your house whenever they want just because you own nfa weapons

Now that you mention it, what are the 'rules' regarding ATF inspection for NFA items?

There are no special rules for inspecting NFA guns. It's the same as a title 1 weapon.

They can't even INSPECT a gun manufacturer or dealer except during business hours.

Oops, typo

There are no special rules for inspecting NFA guns. It's the same as a title 1 weapon.

They can't even INSPECT a gun manufacturer or dealer except during business hours.

Oops, typo

I expect everyone knew you meant inspect.

• Like 1

Get the bumpski!

Got one at this years B-Day Bash and put it on my Tromix SBS after some mods. This is a video my first time trying it out. Sorry crappy iphone video

Then on the 5.45x39 saiga

Edited by madmax4x4
  • 3 months later...

@Faststang 90.... Where did you get that stock?? I want a pistol grip and folding stock but dont want to mod my S-12!!

1 more thing what is a hell fire trigger how does it work and where do you get it??

Edited by lithium

i dont have a folding stock, its Adjustable Stock that has a pistol Grip. yes its a hell fire trigger and it worked good. i got it at the gun show for 45.00. sunnybean it easier not to have said any thing than to talk sh t.

this is where i got it from stock from

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/saiga-collapsible-intrafuse-t6-stock-pistol-grip-tapco-black-p-339.html

Sunnybean is right on the money. 'Bump fire' is a manual semi auto rapid fire technique employing recoil, and requiring a single pull of the trigger for every round discharged. It is not automatic fire.

Automatic fire relies upon mechanics which cause a firearm to discharge more than one round with a single pull of the trigger.

• Like 6

Seems to me that having a bump fire or other type of gizmo on a firearm would be a waste when someone could just pull the trigger really fast.

If you have seen anyone bump fire ever, you would realize that even with fanning techniques you cannot conventionally pull a trigger nearly as fast as a controlled bump fire with a mid caliber weapon.

Whether or not it is useful is another matter. If your main use for your firearms is to turn money into smoke and noise, it is useful. Some weapons seem to be pretty controllable with some of the contraptions to facilitate controlled bump fire. In some cases they are able to control the firearm nearly as well as a true full auto weapon.

Remember, there are a bunch of people out there that say having more than 3 shots in a shotgun is not useful. "Useful" depends on your purpose. ISPCA, etc.? not useful. clays? not useful. Long distance shooting? not useful. Ethical hunting? Nope. Engaging multiple close to mid range targets rapidly? potentially useful. (but not something I would personally rely on) Having fun rapidly hammering multiple targets into the ground? Useful.

I'd sure like to play with a bumpfire stock on my s12, and my .22, and it would be a fun thing to try. Maybe that isn't useful, but where's the harm?

I would not leave anything like that on the gun by my bed though.

• Like 2

No harm just wasteful in my opinion and I used to do it. But ammo is not cheap any more. Full auto has limited usefullness in real life even for soldiers who use it mainly to break ambushes as suppresive fire. You can put a lot more lead on a threat with aimed semi auto fire. A friend of mine competes in the annual class three machine gun shoot and he usually wins with his SBR shooting semi auto.

pat

• Like 1

I have noticed that any of the machine gun 3 gun style matches I have seen, it took them longer per target to put the plates down, and they spent much more time reloading.

I should have said "seen videos of"...

• Like 1

If you’ve got the money and burning desire class 3 type stuff can be a butt load of fun, that’s just fun not practical, useful, or even real competitive. I’ve been to some locals’ full auto shoots and a fair shooter with a good repeating weapon be it a pump of lever action let alone a semi auto can knock bowling pins off a table faster than someone blasting away with a full auto. A lot of bullets flying around will never replace aimed fire but it can be fun.

The only thing I’d ever want in any form of full auto would be in a 22 so I could afford to play with it and keep it trained on targets. With most calibers you start out shooting at gophers and end up shooting at Cessnas.

Edited by 20-Mags
  • Like 1