R and R Saiga 12 Bolt Carriers - First batch is ready to test!

The first batch of carriers made by R and R Targets has been received from heat treat and they are ready to start testing. These are machined from billet stock and are desiged to be stronger than the orginal part. More details to follow.

Doug

post-22191-0-91219000-1340509191.jpg

post-22191-0-84873300-1340509202_thumb.jpg

• Like 12
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The first batch of carriers made by R and R Targets has been received from heat treat and they are ready to start testing. These are machined from billet stock and are desiged to be stronger than the

AND THE BEST PART   MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Here is a video of the first test of the new bolt carrier. As of today Robert has run 550 rounds of shot using this new bolt. Lots of testing ahead.   Doug   [media=] [/media]

Posted Images

When can I buy one?

Aside from having no CH on the right side, are they roughly the same weight as the factory carrier? Can I get one that doesn't have the hole for the piston?

Edited by evlblkwpnz

When can I buy one?

We are going to test the crap out of them before any get sold. Robert is at the High Plains Shotgun Match and then next week we are both going to the Rockcastle Shotgun Match in Kentucky. I hope to have one to test soon. I got about 2000 rounds of AAs that need to get made into hulls!

Killer!

Thread in piston/op rod? Will you guys be making/offering pistons/op rods too? What would be the outcome if the op-rod was integrated into the carrier?

Robert makes both long and short gas systems for his Saigas so he would have had to make 2 different carriers to make both work. This way it can fit all different Saiga variations. The left side bolt handle option is being built into all the bolts as you can see from the picture. Right side bolt handles will also be available. He has bucket loads of original Saiga op rods that can be included in the purchase of a carrier

Doug

Need any help testingbig_smile.gif

Great to see a product like this coming to market, I hope it is a big success!

It will be. People can get one of these to do their left CHs, etc., still leave their factory carrier intact, and use the modded carrier on the next build if they want to.

Finally! I was wondering when someone was going to manufacture these. You will make gobbs of money off these. Congrats! Whats next the bolts?big_smile.gif

Actually he had the bolts in work before the carrier, but being a one man shop he got sidetracked with other projects. The bolts should be available soon.

Doug

• Like 1

Need any help testingbig_smile.gif

Great to see a product like this coming to market, I hope it is a big success!

It will be. People can get one of these to do their left CHs, etc., still leave their factory carrier intact, and use the modded carrier on the next build if they want to.

I am thinking along those lines as well, i am considering some different charging handle options, and this would be perfect as I could keep my original carrier the way it is.

Very cool.

Be sure to have them tested by someone that's going to put them through the ringer. Over at Cadiz Gun Works, they called me "Charlie Brown", cuz I was able to break welded on trigger guards a couple different times. haha.gif It's a gift. LOL

We are going to test the crap out of them before any get sold.

Sunnybean has a great SBS to test the overall durability of a carrier.

Oh man! Oh man! Oh man!!!

With them manufacturing them, they can likely make one with a solid end rather than threading it.

That'd be bad-ass for your application.

We are going to test the crap out of them before any get sold.

Sunnybean has a great SBS to test the overall durability of a carrier.

Oh man! Oh man! Oh man!!!

With them manufacturing them, they can likely make one with a solid end rather than threading it.

That'd be bad-ass for your application.

I'd love to try and crack one that has never been drilled for an op rod...

cc950e2a.jpg

79c9531e.jpg

what is a guess on price. mine is cracked right now and wondering if i shuld fix it or hold out for one of yours. also does any one know the thred pitch for the op rod threds. I need to have a piece of brass or copper thredded the same to weld mine.

I have more info. The carriers will be supplied with a right side screw in charging handle but will have the left side threaded so that the handle can be easily swapped from one side to the other. This way the carrier will fit any Saiga 12. Pricing is not fixed yet because the machine time for the production carriers is still being calculated. Expect aroung $200-225. Robert picked up the first carrier on Friday and is at the High Plains Shotgun Match now, but said that the carrier is smoother cycling than the stock ones because of cleaner machine work. He is going to start shooting the first prototype on Monday. Stand by.

Doug

• Like 1

When can I buy one?

We are going to test the crap out of them before any get sold. Robert is at the High Plains Shotgun Match and then next week we are both going to the Rockcastle Shotgun Match in Kentucky. I hope to have one to test soon. I got about 2000 rounds of AAs that need to get made into hulls!

Killer!

Thread in piston/op rod? Will you guys be making/offering pistons/op rods too? What would be the outcome if the op-rod was integrated into the carrier?

Robert makes both long and short gas systems for his Saigas so he would have had to make 2 different carriers to make both work. This way it can fit all different Saiga variations. The left side bolt handle option is being built into all the bolts as you can see from the picture. Right side bolt handles will also be available. He has bucket loads of original Saiga op rods that can be included in the purchase of a carrier

Doug

If you're in KY next weekend, could I have a look at this? I may well be coming to Rockcastle . . .

When can I buy one?

Killer!

Doug

If you're in KY next weekend, could I have a look at this? I may well be coming to Rockcastle . . .

Robert and I will both be at the Rockcastle Shotgun Match, stop us and say hello. I'll make sure he brings a carrier with him.

Doug