R and R Saiga 12 Bolt Carriers - First batch is ready to test!

Coolest thing I have seen in a while. I've been thinking about drilling to do my own charging handle that way for a while. You went out and did it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The first batch of carriers made by R and R Targets has been received from heat treat and they are ready to start testing. These are machined from billet stock and are desiged to be stronger than the

AND THE BEST PART   MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Here is a video of the first test of the new bolt carrier. As of today Robert has run 550 rounds of shot using this new bolt. Lots of testing ahead.   Doug   [media=] [/media]

Posted Images

Robert is going out to shoot the new carrier for the first time today, I hope to have video posted tonight, but we live 5 hours away from each other so I may have to do some training with him on Youtube. Production carriers will be marked with the R&R logo and USA!

Doug

• Like 2

So there is no piston screwed into the bolt carrier? Is that what I just saw in the video? If so, that's pretty cool (and strong). Should lead to increased reliability. What about your bolt? Is that also American made?

Finally! I was wondering when someone was going to manufacture these. You will make gobbs of money off these. Congrats! Whats next the bolts?big_smile.gif

Actually he had the bolts in work before the carrier, but being a one man shop he got sidetracked with other projects. The bolts should be available soon.

Doug

fuck yes! this is what people have been waiting on for years! very good

So there is no piston screwed into the bolt carrier? Is that what I just saw in the video? If so, that's pretty cool (and strong). Should lead to increased reliability. What about your bolt? Is that also American made?

Would be nice if the op-rod is incorporated or no longer needed.

Looks shorter than the stock part though, like it's for a short gas system.

Doug?

Would be nice if the op-rod is incorporated or no longer needed.

Looks shorter than the stock part though, like it's for a short gas system.

Doug?

The op rod will attach to the bolt carrier in the same manner as the original, threaded. The bolt carrier in the video has a very short op rod attached because it is for a short gas system Saiga. The photos I put earlier in the thread show the carrier pretty well.

Doug

Enough teasing already.... bring 'em!

I have been wanting to do a left side charging handle for a long time now, but didn't want to do it to any of my numbered carriers. I have a piece of titanium waiting to be made into a charging handle too. What will the CH threading be? How deep is the hole?

Easy guts, testing is all about the part standing up to the recoil over and over again.

I know yall dont want a part that will fail in a few rounds, I know yall are picking(poking fun)

on R&R as well.

I to am VERY much wanting one, wonder if the finish will be an option?

Anyway yall take your time Doug, we know it will a good product.

• Like 1

Easy guts, testing is all about the part standing up to the recoil over and over again.

I know yall dont want a part that will fail in a few rounds, I know yall are picking(poking fun)

on R&R as well.

I to am VERY much wanting one, wonder if the finish will be an option?

Anyway yall take your time Doug, we know it will a good product.

They could sell me one of the pre-release units, I'll beat the snot out of it with some Remington Express buck. If it breaks, I can send it back for them to examine, and they can send me another one when they are "refined". I'll pay to test....

I've really been wanting a non-welded left hand charging handle and don't want to modify a factory carrier to get it. My 3 Gun rig needs one badly, but I have a feeling that I will want one on everything after I try it.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Man I wish I could get into testing new products. I run everything I have, cars, guns, other like I stole them and best way to break things in.(and by the way I own, not steal my stuff so If I break it its my fault, a reason I don't borrow tools and such too.)

• Like 1

New buttstock is coming as well, I believe Robert told me as of last friday he had over 1350 rounds tested on the carrier, who knows how many over the weeekend, but a couple more days and we'll be getting them WOOHOO.

I subscribe to the same mantra as Montec. I've seen an AR barrel turn white from heat, and I've loaded down my S-12 with so much west texas clay mud that it ceased to function. My father always said that if you want to find the weak point in something, just hand it to me. I break things in a most spectacular manner...

Exhibit A:

IMG_9466.jpg

The engine that this piston was in STILL runs...

See?

So send it to me, if it can be broken (through "normal" use), I'll do it...

New buttstock is coming as well, I believe Robert told me as of last friday he had over 1350 rounds tested on the carrier, who knows how many over the weeekend, but a couple more days and we'll be getting them WOOHOO.

Robert built some fully adjustable buttstocks for the AMU and set one up for his gun. I hope I can sweet talk him into giving me one, they are really cool looking. I'll see if I can get a picture of his next weekend when we go to the Nordic Components Shotgun Match in St. Cloud, Minn.

Doug