What's with all these "so called" AK reliabilty vids on you tube? I have to laugh when I see them. They compare a freshly cleaned/lubed AR with an Ak and do "sand bury tests", etc. Problem is, they close the dust cover/ejection port of the AR, and leave the AK wide open. Then they test fire them. Sure, the AK stumbles (duh, you just dumped sand/grit in there).

ok... so where's the AR/AK comparison video's for REAL life (such as, dust/sand/grit) AFTER sustained fire? After a non maintained rifle? After an AR hasn't just been cleaned/lubed PRIOR to testing?

Yeah, we all know an AR is better sealed aginst the elements, but we also all know an AR is NOT happy with dirt/sand for any length of time (in other words, in a fight, with no time to clean after a piddly 200 rounds or so).

I also notice all these vids have comments turned "off". Hmm... wonder why? haha

It's so funny when AR owners have to bend reality to justify/change the opinions of the AR platform.

Don't get me wrong... the AR platform is awesome for an accurate, reliable rifle (WHEN meticulously maintained)... however... fighting/battle is NOT the time to be holding a finicky rifle that NEEDS to be cleaned/maintained/kept wet.

Just venting here. :-)

• Like 1

All I know is what I've personally experienced in training. I've seen countless failures of the AR platform and have yet to witness one with an AK. I'm not saying they don't happen, but I have not yet witnessed one live and in living color.

I was given a HBar target match by my dad as a teenager, I was issued an A2 when I was 17.

An old hippie mail man first introduced me to the AK after I showed him my AR. He told me it wasn't as accurate but if you dialed them in they were a far better weapon for deer hunting. Kinda wondered why a mail man slash hippie was so passionate about the AK. We shot it and I loved it.

Found out years later that he did two tours in Vietnam with injuries.

Here's a good video that proves the real world reliability of the AK platform.