I just received two of the small versions of the AR forearms to go onto a 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 and as always the service was outstanding.

Anyways when I installed them on both weapons the clamp that goes around the barrels does not clamp down tightly over either barrel. The forearm is pretty stout and seems nice and sturdy but there is a small amount of play at the barrel clamp, I'm wondering if this is normal and the way they are designed. I just wanna make sure that I didn't get the wrong size by mistake.

It seems that as long as the back of the forearm stays put and does not work it's way loose then the extra play at the front clamp will be actually beneficial since it will not interfere with the barrel expanding and contracting as it heats and cools.

I'm really looking foreword to getting out and putting some rounds though these guns with the new AR forearm. If it preforms as I think it will it will really be a God sent as far as fairly lightweight and heat proof forearm that allows a much better forward hand position to mitigate recoil and swing the gun (competition style grip). I'm going to attempt to put a thorntail flashlight mount from haley strategic on it too so I'm let you guys if that works out as well.

We tested them on many rifles when we made them and then we found there a few smaller diameter barrels where the clamp is not quite tight. Send me your info to sales@carolinashooterssupply.com I will send you the modified clamps.

We tested them on many rifles when we made them and then we found there a few smaller diameter barrels where the clamp is not quite tight. Send me your info to sales@carolinashooterssupply.com I will send you the modified clamps.

Will do, thanks!