Saiga-12 SBS Function Test

Here are two videos of a function test with a Saiga-12 that I recently shorted the barrel to 16".

The gun has three factory ports that I believe messure .073 and have not been enlarged.

The first run was shot with Remington 2-3/4 # 6 birdshot.

[media=]

[/media]

The second run was shot with Winchester Super-Target Heavy 2-3/4 # 7-1/2 bird shot. I noticed the Winchester ran slightly hotter than the Remington.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by macaholic

Nice shooting. I am also in the "I don't get it" camp, but it is your gun, not mine.

Are you trying to match some specific foreign model specs or something?

I appreaciate the feedback comrades. To answer your questions concerning barrel length, if you will notice, the S-12 in the videos looks like a Saiga-12K EXP-01 pictured on the official Izhmash website. I referred to this site in order to reproduce a Saiga-12K just like the one manufactured in Russia, minus the side folding stock. The stock and Pistol grip are the Warsaw Pact from Arsenal, and the trigger guard is the Factory correct S-12K from AKbuilder.com. Personally, I like the factory Saiga-12K and I try to adhere to the factory specs with all my S-12 builds. If I ever learn how to post pic's on this site, I'll post some close ups. smile.png

Edited by macaholic

a 16" SBS?

Seems like a lot of expense for two inches. What are you building it for?

I run this particular gun and another S-12K in our three-gun and subgun/shotgun matches here in Florida

Edited by macaholic

I see...makes sense that you are going for a "historically accurate" build.

Keep us posted and post pics!

Yeah, I like the Factory guns I see on the Izhmash website and try to stick to that same look with my own S-12's. Buy the way Bob, I may want to do the thread and step down on the barrel of this gun. Do you offer this service and if so, how much is it and how long do I have to wait? You can PM me if you like. Thanks.

Edited by macaholic