You should be able to find one for a good bit less than $600. I have been eyeing the FNP 45 myself so if anyone has any input on these as well I would appreciate it. Seen some conflicting statements on them in the "glock" thread that has me second guessing an FNP.

• Like 1

www.Fnforum.net

I have an FNX9 and an FNP45.

They are both very nice shooters and all the controls and disassembly are the same between them, with the FNX9 being the smaller of the two.

The FNX feels very nice in my hand and i think i like the way it fits just a little bit better then the FNP45. I have medium/large size hands.

Right now my FNX is down because the mag release is sticking and not ejecting empty magazines like it should.

I paid $425 for my FNX9 last year and $600 shipped for my FNP45 USG with the FN shooters pack, 3yrs ago.

I personally prefer DA/SA hammer fired pistols over DAO type stiker fired pieces.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 2

ive got an FNP-45 in two tone. i have a little over 2k rounds through it without any problems. mine does not have a manual safety. it has a decocker. the trigger is nice. these are very nice guns. the .45 caliber was designed for the military's JCP programme, but released them to the public after the military scrapped the project. i would trust my ilfe to mine. its given me no reason not to.

i havent shot the new striker fired offerings from them yet, so i cant comment about them other than i want one.

• Like 1

is the mag release a common problem?

Not that i am aware of. I've never read anything about it on FNforums, aside from my topic. If you go to my youtube channel in my profile, i have a few videos of it acting up.

Some early FNX's had a problem with magazines that would release by pushing front to back on the floor pate, that was also a kind of a rare issue. There was one other issue that i cant recall of the top of my head what it was but i do remember it being another early build type thing and it being pretty much non existant anymore.

If you like the feel and ergos of the gun, dont be hesitant. All makes have issues of some sort, the internet has a way of exacerbating a stigma because of consolidated information in message forums.

My .45 is my bedside piece full of Winchester Ranger 230gr +P HST's. I trust it.

I should take some pics of all 3 of my FN pistols. I dont have any as a group yet.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 2

is the mag release a common problem?

If you like the feel and ergos of the gun, dont be hesitant. All makes have issues of some sort, the internet has a way of exasterbating a stigma because of consolidated information in message forums.

aint that the truth.

• Like 2

I have the FNP-9 and am either going to trade for an FNX or just buy it as soon as my dealer gets another one in. I shot a buddy's FNX and it has a more positive grip as well as noticeably reduced felt recoil. We were shooting the same ammo out of them both. Thinking about a .45 as well... FN makes a quality product.

I bought my wife an FNX-9 last year for her birthday.I was very impressed with it and wish I had one to match.The feel and control are excellent.The slide and trigger are smooth and my 9 year old son handles and shoots great with it as well.Shop around and you may be able to find a nice deal.The one she got was a two tone and was $480.00ish shipped.Comes in a nice little case with 3-17rd mags and 3 alternate sized grip inserts.So far only about 600rds through it and no malfunctions to date,only thing I saw negative was how hard it was to get a full 17rds in the mag at first.Now after some use its not too bad getting the full capacity.

I say......GET IT!!!! GET IT NOW!!!!!!

• Like 2

You should be able to find one for a good bit less than $600. I have been eyeing the FNP 45 myself so if anyone has any input on these as well I would appreciate it. Seen some conflicting statements on them in the "glock" thread that has me second guessing an FNP.

my problems with the fn 45 came from factory magazines that they replaced and the trigger pin was also addresed. They gave me a new pistol and I sold it as new. Id bet they have it squared away by now. I really wanted to keep it. But, I couldnt trust it.
  • 1 month later...

Better late then never...As promised, my FNH girlfriends....

First up, P35 Nazi occupation pistol, all matching, slide, frame, barrel, magazine. Inheritance piece.

post-20217-0-51647600-1345018852_thumb.jpg

Next up, FNX9 (some reason the mag release is all of a sudden working, last time i had it out)....

post-20217-0-69514100-1345018916_thumb.jpg

And the big hoss FNP45 USG....

post-20217-0-88167800-1345018998_thumb.jpg

All three for a group shot....

post-20217-0-73334400-1345019033_thumb.jpg

I gotta say the FN Hi-Power feels the best and is the most natural pointer out of all three of them.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

I had an FNP-9 and really liked it. Never had any issues with it and it was accurate. Trigger on the FNP waas nice right out of the box. I got a Saiga and $ on trade for it. My wife really wanted the Saiga so I let the FNP go, and got her the Saiga. The guy I traded with is a rural LEO and he carries it as his duty weapon now.

I look at them from time to time and think I'm going to get another, but then I find a Sig or Kimber that I can't pass up instead. Someday I'll end up with either the FNP or FNX.

I'd say you should be happy with the FNX over all.

I have nothing to add, other than to say that the FNX-9 is sexaaaay! I'm a Glock slut. But I would gladly go for an FNX-9 if I wanted a different polymer pistol. The only thing that prevented me from doing it before, was the fact that they don't have a decocker-only model. If they come out with one down the road, I'll be seriously interested.

• Like 1

FN makes good shit. no complaints here.

I need one more. I think it will be an FNS40 and a .357sig conversion barrel, sometime in the future and possibly another FN Hi-Power that i won't feel so guilty about putting rounds through. Or, a .40cal Hi-Power with a .357sig conversion barrel. Decisions decisions...

• Like 1

i hear ya. im still tryin to find a nazi marked P35. the one you have is very nice. they seem to be getting more expensive and harder to come by in good shape. i wouldnt mind one of the new tactical model .45s, but id also like to try one of their striker fired guns. and your right, decisions, decisions!

i hear ya. im still tryin to find a nazi marked P35. the one you have is very nice. they seem to be getting more expensive and harder to come by in good shape. i wouldnt mind one of the new tactical model .45s, but id also like to try one of their striker fired guns. and your right, decisions, decisions!

I'm coming to the conclusion that there is only one solution.....

• Like 1