I'm still debating on selling my S12. Not 100% sure yet, though.

It's already converted. 3-hole, but I can't remember the year (I can double check later). The tang has been removed and a CSS stock adapter installed, that allows Ace and Tromix style stocks to be mounted directly to it (also included is a castle nut adapter that allows any AR stock to be mounted). It has a Tromix DIY trigger guard installed. Pauly's Glass Bolt job. Twister puck (never used). Gunfixer glas plug. (There is also one of Chaos' very first prototype quad rails mounted, that I won for free in a contest here way back. But since it was free to me, I'm not adding anything to the price for that)

Throw out some ballpark prices I should list this at. I'm not up on current prices for non-pro converted S12's or even stock S12's.

Keep in mind, it does not come with a stock or PG. The buyer would have to supply his own. But once you slap on a stock and PG, it's ready to go shooting.

$800 is a good starting point for a self-converted or "non-pro" converted Saiga 12 (figure $600 for unconverted + $200 parts/labor).

$40 for the adapter

$100 for Pauly's work

$30 Gunfixr plug

I'd say $100 for the quad rail - depending on the type this may be more. You SHOULD include it in your sale price, especially since it's Chaos and in particular an early model Chaos rail.

- $50 for no PG or stock

So...right at $1000? I'd start there and maybe let them talk it down to $900 or $950. Also depends on how many rounds have been down it and wear and tear conditions.

• Like 1

I hear you guys on the "don't sell it!" advice. I used to have the same mindset. But if I'm not shooting something often, I don't have any attachment to it. I've sold quite a few guns over the past couple years, and honestly, the only ones I regret were some of the pistols I sold before moving back here to NY. (We need permits to even own/possess a pistol and those take awhile to get approved.booo.gif )

If you need one I can donate a stock and PG to your cause if you decide to sell.

Thanks for the offer, bro. I appreciate it. But the only reason it doesn't have a stock or PG on it is because PG's are not allowed on semi-auto shotguns in NY, and the only stocks I have that are not in use are telescoping AR stocks, which are also no-go on the S12 here. I had to remove both before moving back to NY. So it's not that I don't have them, it's just that my S12 would be illegal here in that configuration. So she sits as a barreled receiver.

$800 is a good starting point for a self-converted or "non-pro" converted Saiga 12 (figure $600 for unconverted + $200 parts/labor).

$40 for the adapter

$100 for Pauly's work

$30 Gunfixr plug

I'd say $100 for the quad rail - depending on the type this may be more. You SHOULD include it in your sale price, especially since it's Chaos and in particular an early model Chaos rail.

- $50 for no PG or stock

So...right at $1000? I'd start there and maybe let them talk it down to $900 or $950. Also depends on how many rounds have been down it and wear and tear conditions.

Damn, $1000? I was leaning towards way less than that, lol. I hear ya on the Chaos rail, but really, I can't add that into the price. Cameron gave it to me for free for winning a contest. Besides that, it's not marked "Chaos" anywhere. It was actually in unfinished condition and I sprayed it down with some flat black engine enamel. It came out great, but I'm sure it's nowhere near the durable finish that would come on a normal Chaos rail.

If any of you frequent Gunbroker or any other WTS sections of forums, let me know what you see self-converted S12's going for. (As in prices that they actually sold for, not just listed for)

How far up in NY do you live? Maybe you can move to SE Pa, be able to own what you want and still be cloae to home. NYC for me is about hour / hour 1/2 drive

I'm fairly close to the border. About 20 minutes. But actually finding a place to live that wasn't a shithole over the boarder would put me more like 40 minutes away. Just not feasible at this time, unfortunately.

Sorry to hear of your predicament. Don't you still have the Bulgarian thumbhole stock? Such a shame to have to get rid of your S12. That and my Winchester Garand would be the last ones in my safe... Good luck with your decision. I would keep it at all costs. Just my .02 How far are you from the Hudson Valley area?

nyclu3

• Like 1

I just sold mine for 535.00 shipped. totally 100% stock from the factory it was the 24 inch shotty.

I had all the original saiga gear that came with it including the box.

THe gun ran 110% with all ammo I fed it.

It was a 09 with the side rail.

The gun paid for my new suppressor and the mags paid for the tax stamp.

I still have the drum and barrel threader for it. trying to decide where to sell that stuff. ( can't here still haven't heard any news on becoming a contributor)

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of your predicament. Don't you still have the Bulgarian thumbhole stock? Such a shame to have to get rid of your S12. That and my Winchester Garand would be the last ones in my safe... Good luck with your decision. I would keep it at all costs. Just my .02 How far are you from the Hudson Valley area?

nyclu3

Since I had zero intentions of ever moving back to NY, I donated my Bulgarian stock to another NY'er for his S12. They were really hard to find at the time. (But I see there's a member here selling the same stock for an awesome price, and it looks like he's got quite a few.) But with the tang being cut and the stock adapter seemingly loctited in place, the Bulgarian is a no-go at this point, unless you get crafty, and I'm just not interested enough to do it, lol.

all depends on how much it was used and how well it was made. without photos of your work id offer 800. Put a stock on it and make it presentable for the sale. might fetch up to a grand if it looks good.

good luck!

Not very many rounds through it. Once I get around to it and snap some good pics, I'm probably just going to list it for $800 and see what happens.

We'll see.

Not very many rounds through it. Once I get around to it and snap some good pics, I'm probably just going to list it for $800 and see what happens.

We'll see.

Have some fun and list it at $799.99! It will seem like it is on sale!haha.gif

Edited by HOG76
  • Like 1

My theory on pricing a gun for selling is "whatever the market will bear". Set a lower limit for what it would cost you to replace it and ask for much more. You might be surprised at what you can get.

• Like 1