I posted this question previously piggybacked on another thread, but I figured I'd give it a go at getting more attention. Does anyone have any feedback on EAA's (Tanfoglio) Witness handgun? As much as I want an AK and a Rem700, I think first I shall get a hi-cap capable 9mm, but don't want to get a dud. Thanks for any info you can offer.

• 4 weeks later...

i have a 10mm witness that i love. i had a red dot scope, and scope mount added. at ~75yrds i could hold an 8"wide x 20"tall pattern. the only problem ive had so far is the scope mount came loose and would rub on the slide causeing it not to cycle properly. but the gun its self has worked flawlessly :super:

Sweet!! :smoke: My buddy came over deer hunting with his DE .50AE last year. He showed up & I'm like "Where's your shotgun?" He flipped his jacket open & there she was. He just climbed a tree & sat on a branch...Wacko!

Nice setup though!

• 1 month later...
Sweet!! :smoke: My buddy came over deer hunting with his DE .50AE last year. He showed up & I'm like "Where's your shotgun?" He flipped his jacket open & there she was. He just climbed a tree & sat on a branch...Wacko!

Nice setup though!

Got a nice whitetail buck in Western WI about 10 years ago with my GP100 6inch barrel .357. Was about a 70 yard shot with open sights.....fortunately that deer was stupid because for the first 5 shots it stood there looking around....the sixth shot got him right behind the right ear (was standing in cattails...head was all i had to aim at really)....dropped like a rock.

10mm will be fine for deer......and a few more than 6 shots would be nice....at least in my experience.

RangerM9

my experiances with the witness/baby eagle/tanfoglio/cz pistols was extractor, recoil, and mag spring issues. replace those three springs and they work like a charm!

now, anybody have a set of factory witness grips they wish to part with? i'm in need of a set for a fullsize frame.

ya'll let me know asap thanks!

• 4 months later...
my experiances with the witness/baby eagle/tanfoglio/cz pistols was extractor, recoil, and mag spring issues. replace those three springs and they work like a charm!

now, anybody have a set of factory witness grips they wish to part with? i'm in need of a set for a fullsize frame.

ya'll let me know asap thanks!

The Tangfolio Witness and the IMI Baby Eagle are almost the same pistol. Both are copies of the Czech CZ. IMI imports parts fromthem to make the Baby Eagle. Unfortunately IMI in decided to eliminate the frame safety and use a slide safety (like the Walther and S&W pistols) which require an unnatural thumb movement. They should have left the amibidextrous safety on the frame as John Browning designed it. My Baby Eagle works flawlessly while my friend's polymer Baby Eagle will stovepipe if not held firmly while firing but after I showed him how to grip the pistol the problem went away.

Where do you get the replacement springs from? Wolff?

Edited by uzitiger