How do you disassemble a 5 round magazine?

I got some sand in my 5 round magazine and I hate that grainy feel it has when I load it....im also afriad it might cause my magazine to jam up.\

How exactly do I disassemble it?

there is a little round deal in the bottom of the mag floor plate push that in with a pen or some other tool and slide the floor plat towards the back of the mag. Be carefull the spring will really want to come out.

there is a little round deal in the bottom of the mag floor plate push that in with a pen or some other tool and slide the floor plat towards the back of the mag. Be carefull the spring will really want to come out.

Haha wow...almost like a regular AK. I looked at that several times but I thought that hole was part of the manufacturing processes. Its very camouflaged!

ky, in the AR's defense, an AK wont take your eye out at 350 yards from the factory...

True, true, that is the classic come back in the AK vs AR arguement. Personally I consider the AR15 to be more of a target rifle than a battle rifle. A battle rifle would be an AK, G3, FAL, etc. Those have both the desired power and reliablility (in my eyes).