Sign in to follow this  
tnmarktx

Anyone have experience with these Vepr rifles?

Pulled the trigger on this converted Vepr 5.45. My impressions are as follows: Because there is not a lot of stock options for the slant cut receiver. I do not like it. Before anyone suggest this, I have tried DPH arms receiver block. It sucks IMO, and this is not a knock against DPH arms, I just had to take too much material off regular AK stock to fit it and ruined it. Went with TSD combat systems folding stock insert, it is expensive but seems to work ok. It came with a tapco mag that fits snug. The bullet guide seems to be in solid, but looks very ugly. It looks like there is some kind of spot weld between bullet guide and screw to lock it in. Not sure why this was done. The gun has been reliable with no malfunctions. The muzzle brake seems to be timed correctly and is secure.

Appreciate the post.. the pricing is lower then most others.. being at $699 though is better than others at $799-899..

Do you have any AFTER pictures with the new stock and TSD adaptor??

I'm leaning toward the 54R in 16 1/2" flavor.. ammo works to be only $0.02/per round for the 54R even with shipping..

II gotta look up the different adaptors for the slant-cut.. I got big plans..

Edited by YWHIC

I don't have any close up pics, just the 1 in my avi. It's the middle gun with a magpul stock over the tube.

5.45 Vepr

This is the setup I have decided to go with for stock and pistol grip. A dph arms ace type stock, a krebs vepr stock insert and a us palms pistol grip.

I might order the version 2 with 20 inch fluted barrel and integrated sights this week. I will post some pictures videos and groups too.

Super excited cant waitbig_smile.gif