Anyone have experience with these Vepr rifles?

• 2 months later...

Pulled the trigger on this converted Vepr 5.45. My impressions are as follows: Because there is not a lot of stock options for the slant cut receiver. I do not like it. Before anyone suggest this, I have tried DPH arms receiver block. It sucks IMO, and this is not a knock against DPH arms, I just had to take too much material off regular AK stock to fit it and ruined it. Went with TSD combat systems folding stock insert, it is expensive but seems to work ok. It came with a tapco mag that fits snug. The bullet guide seems to be in solid, but looks very ugly. It looks like there is some kind of spot weld between bullet guide and screw to lock it in. Not sure why this was done. The gun has been reliable with no malfunctions. The muzzle brake seems to be timed correctly and is secure.

• 2 weeks later...

Appreciate the post.. the pricing is lower then most others.. being at $699 though is better than others at $799-899..

Do you have any AFTER pictures with the new stock and TSD adaptor??

I'm leaning toward the 54R in 16 1/2" flavor.. ammo works to be only $0.02/per round for the 54R even with shipping..

II gotta look up the different adaptors for the slant-cut.. I got big plans..

Edited by YWHIC
  • 1 month later...