looking for recent experiences with Robinson XCR

Looked and found some old posts so figured would start new topic.

I am looking at possibly getting a Robinson XCR-l in 556.

Found some good and bad posts in various sites thought I would ask here because of straight answers that are seen in other threads about various topics.

Found a couple prices range from $1100-1700.So before I spend that much would like some recent reviews.

Thanks

He had a rant a few years ago that boiled down to ....if you have a problem with the product chances are you caused it, dont call me crying. If for some odd reason it is my fault fine we'll fix it but dont call and complain, just state your problem and send the rifle. Afterwards dont call to check on the time line. If you do your rifle gets bumped to the back of the line. The more you call and/or complain the longer we'll take to fix any issues, that you probably caused anyway.

I'm not crazy about modular weapon systems in general, yes they can be fun and it's cool playing legos with your weapons but you get into specialty parts and tools. Just get a couple well built dedicated rifles for different purposes and be done with it. You can't build any tool to do every thing with out it being average at every thing. For the money you'll spend on the XCR you could build a nice AR15 or a couple used ones and maybe have some $ for bells and whistles.

What can a modular rifle do a standard rifle can't? swap barrels and then you have to re-zero it with every barrel change.

Edited by Rusty truck